    anyone tell me why the pictures don't seem to have uploaded to my ISP
    webspace. but the 'title' I gave it, and all the text is there......I will
    appreciate any asistance in this matter, All the best......FRED C
    fredcromer, May 16, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    mcp6453 Guest

    fredcromer wrote:

    > When you connect broadband with 'tiscali', you get a free
    > 'webspace'....anyway, using WS_ftp, I uploaded a webpage i created,using MS
    > frontpage........the only problem is, I made the 'webpage',dead simple..just
    > a title and two photos, except when i looked for my webspace online, it's
    > there, but the places where the photos were, has blank boxes with a blue
    > outline, and a red 'cross' in the left top corner of the two boxes..where
    > the photos(scanned and with the .jpg extension), are meant to be.....CAN
    > anyone tell me why the pictures don't seem to have uploaded to my ISP
    > webspace. but the 'title' I gave it, and all the text is there......I will
    > appreciate any asistance in this matter, All the best......FRED C

    Look at the HTML source to make sure that the file locations for the
    images are correct. Try typing the exact URL to one of the images to see
    if it appears. If that fails, try a different browser because you may
    have enountered the infamous Red X problem with IE.
    mcp6453, May 16, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    mcp6453 Guest

    fredcromer wrote:

    > When you connect broadband with 'tiscali', you get a free
    > 'webspace'....anyway, using WS_ftp, I uploaded a webpage i created,using MS
    > frontpage........the only problem is, I made the 'webpage',dead simple..just
    > a title and two photos, except when i looked for my webspace online, it's
    > there, but the places where the photos were, has blank boxes with a blue
    > outline, and a red 'cross' in the left top corner of the two boxes..where
    > the photos(scanned and with the .jpg extension), are meant to be.....CAN
    > anyone tell me why the pictures don't seem to have uploaded to my ISP
    > webspace. but the 'title' I gave it, and all the text is there......I will
    > appreciate any asistance in this matter, All the best......FRED C

    If you want to send me the URL privately, I'll try it from here.
    mcp6453, May 16, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    Bob Wing Guest

    "fredcromer" <> wrote in message
    > When you connect broadband with 'tiscali', you get a free
    > 'webspace'....anyway, using WS_ftp, I uploaded a webpage i created,using

    MS
    > frontpage........the only problem is, I made the 'webpage',dead

    simple..just
    > a title and two photos, except when i looked for my webspace online, it's
    > there, but the places where the photos were, has blank boxes with a blue
    > outline, and a red 'cross' in the left top corner of the two boxes..where
    > the photos(scanned and with the .jpg extension), are meant to be.....CAN
    > anyone tell me why the pictures don't seem to have uploaded to my ISP
    > webspace. but the 'title' I gave it, and all the text is there......I will
    > appreciate any asistance in this matter, All the best......FRED C

    The problem is most likely that your host doesn't have frontpage extension
    installed. If you need any help setting that up give me an e-mail at

    Good luck,

    Bob
    Bob Wing, May 16, 2004
  5. fredcromer

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Bob Wing" <> wrote in

    > The problem is most likely that your host doesn't have frontpage
    > extension installed. If you need any help setting that up give me an
    > e-mail at

    What!? It's clearly a problem with his HTML. Either it is specified with
    something like "file:///c:/...", or perhaps his files are named photo.JPG
    and his code says "photo.jpg"

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, May 16, 2004
  6. fredcromer

    Michael-NC Guest

    Was this guy phishing for a customer???

    Michael-NC, May 16, 2004
  7. fredcromer

    Chet Guest

    You have to separately upload the HTML and the pix. The HTML has references
    to the pictures but does not "contain" the picture.

    Chet, May 16, 2004