No Pic

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sam Gunnerson, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Have been watching TV news on stations sites. Suddenly, sound but no pics.
    What did I do wrong?
    Sam Gunnerson, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Sam Gunnerson

    °Mike° Guest

    Open your eyes.

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:05:17 GMT, in
    <>
    Sam Gunnerson scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 31, 2004

    YWILLTHEYNOTFREEME!, Jan 31, 2004
  4. Sam Gunnerson

    Sultan Guest

    Sam Gunnerson wrote in

    > Have been watching TV news on stations sites. Suddenly, sound but no
    > pics. What did I do wrong?

    Please provide more information.

    Sultan, Jan 31, 2004
  5. "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    > Sam Gunnerson wrote in
    >
    > > Have been watching TV news on stations sites. Suddenly, sound but no
    > > pics. What did I do wrong?
    > >

    > Please provide more information.

    Sultan, I try to watch the TV news from places where I have lived. Channel
    15 in Phoenix, AZ, Channel 2 in Nashville, TN and channel 5 in St. Louis,
    MO. Everything worked well until yesterday (Friday) and then I get the sound
    bite but no video. I must have done something but I don't know what. Any
    suggestions would be appreciated.
    Sam Gunnerson, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Sam Gunnerson

    Harrison Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:05:54 GMT, "Sam Gunnerson"
    <> wrote:

    >"Sultan" <> wrote in message
    >> Sam Gunnerson wrote in
    >>
    >> > Have been watching TV news on stations sites. Suddenly, sound but no
    >> > pics. What did I do wrong?
    >> >

    >> Please provide more information.
    >>

    >Sultan, I try to watch the TV news from places where I have lived. Channel
    >15 in Phoenix, AZ, Channel 2 in Nashville, TN and channel 5 in St. Louis,
    >MO. Everything worked well until yesterday (Friday) and then I get the sound
    >bite but no video. I must have done something but I don't know what. Any
    >suggestions would be appreciated.

    If you are suing ME or XP, use the system restore function to reset
    the computer to a previous state.
    Otherwise, give us a URL for one of the stations and clarify whether
    you're using Windows Media Player or some other program.
    Harrison, Jan 31, 2004
  7. "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    > Sam Gunnerson wrote in
    >

    > > "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    > >> Sam Gunnerson wrote in

    > >> Please provide more information.
    > >>

    > > Sultan, I try to watch the TV news from places where I have lived.
    > > Channel 15 in Phoenix, AZ, Channel 2 in Nashville, TN and channel 5 in
    > > St. Louis, MO. Everything worked well until yesterday (Friday) and
    > > then I get the sound bite but no video. I must have done something but
    > > I don't know what. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > >

    > What player are you using to watch these? You have a couple of options,

    try
    > a different player (if supported by the sites) or reinstall your current
    > player (best to do an uninstall of the player then reboot your PC then do
    > the reinstall).
    > If you can provide links, I and others can try and see if we have the same
    > problem or not.
    >
    > Sultan

    Thanks for your help and concern. Trouble was a cable that had one wire cut
    (Chewing kitten). All is well!
    Sam Gunnerson, Feb 1, 2004
  8. Sam Gunnerson

    Sultan Guest

    Sam Gunnerson wrote in

    Sultan, Feb 1, 2004
  9. Sam Gunnerson

    Sultan Guest

    Sam Gunnerson wrote in

    > "Sultan" <> wrote in message
    >> Sam Gunnerson wrote in
    >>

    >> > "Sultan" <> wrote in message

    >> > Sultan, I try to watch the TV news from places where I have lived.
    >> > Channel 15 in Phoenix, AZ, Channel 2 in Nashville, TN and channel 5
    >> > in St. Louis, MO. Everything worked well until yesterday (Friday)
    >> > and then I get the sound bite but no video. I must have done
    >> > something but I don't know what. Any suggestions would be
    >> > appreciated.
    >> >

    >> What player are you using to watch these? You have a couple of
    >> options,

    > try
    >> a different player (if supported by the sites) or reinstall your
    >> current player (best to do an uninstall of the player then reboot
    >> your PC then do the reinstall).
    >> If you can provide links, I and others can try and see if we have the
    >> same problem or not.
    >>
    >> Sultan
    >>

    > Thanks for your help and concern. Trouble was a cable that had one
    > wire cut (Chewing kitten). All is well!

    Ah the ol chewing kitten problem! I should have asked you check the
    cables first. LOL glad you found the problem.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Feb 1, 2004
  10. Sam Gunnerson

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:59:49 GMT, Sam Gunnerson wrote:

    >"Sultan" <> wrote in message
    >> Sam Gunnerson wrote in
    >>

    >> > "Sultan" <> wrote in message

    >> > Sultan, I try to watch the TV news from places where I have lived.
    >> > Channel 15 in Phoenix, AZ, Channel 2 in Nashville, TN and channel 5 in
    >> > St. Louis, MO. Everything worked well until yesterday (Friday) and
    >> > then I get the sound bite but no video. I must have done something but
    >> > I don't know what. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >> >

    >> What player are you using to watch these? You have a couple of options,

    >try
    >> a different player (if supported by the sites) or reinstall your current
    >> player (best to do an uninstall of the player then reboot your PC then do
    >> the reinstall).
    >> If you can provide links, I and others can try and see if we have the same
    >> problem or not.
    >>
    >> Sultan
    >>

    >Thanks for your help and concern. Trouble was a cable that had one wire cut
    >(Chewing kitten). All is well!

    That's a bit of a harsh punishment , simply for a kitten playing with
    the wires. What flavour sauce worked best?

    Is the kitten okay?

    Me
    why?, Feb 1, 2004