    Is this the cause? or is there another reason and if so how do we correct
    it?

    Many thanks
    anOLDun, Jul 13, 2005

  2. anOLDun

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:35:53 +0100, "anOLDun" <anoldun@invalid_homecall.co.uk> wrote:

    >Lo All
    >
    >Have no specific details i.e. O/s.
    >
    >However, the problem is, when viewing websites no pictures are displayed
    >just the outline of the box where the image should be with a red x in the
    >corner.
    >
    >Seems that first thing in the morning some images are displayed but as the
    >day moves on they are replaced with the "red x box"
    >
    >My mate was advised that it was due to him using an old windows op system.
    >Is this the cause? or is there another reason and if so how do we correct
    >it?
    >
    >Many thanks

    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options
    Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down to "Multimedia",
    check "Show pictures", and uncheck "Show image download
    placeholders". Click "apply", "OK"

    Also click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button,
    check thebox, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes, click the "Settings"
    button and lower the amount of disk space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will
    increase your hard drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig.
    Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files. Clear it weekly, or sooner, especially if IE
    starts acting funny. You can automate the process by clicking the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to
    "Security", and check the box, "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed",
    click "Apply", "OK"

    For web images: How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070

    If that didn't fix it, then check here:

    Images Are Not Displayed Properly in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=176945

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

    Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save
    Image with Correct Extension
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250747

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223050

    Problems Displaying Images in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=181836

    Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

    Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

    Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

    Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/pfdocs/2001100915311136
    Unk, Jul 13, 2005

  3. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Yo Unk

    Fantastic - many thanks for the info and links - much appreciated.

    anOLDun, Jul 13, 2005
  4. anOLDun

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.