    Hi, is there a computer out there which uses no cooling fans. Computers are
    getting faster but making more and more noise. I'm willing to sacrifice
    some speed for some rest :)

    Michel, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Michel

    Jerry G. Guest

    There are some systems designed for special applications where noise is a
    critical factor. The only problem is that the cost is too expensive for the
    average user, or even the average business user.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Apr 12, 2004

  3. Michel

    Michael-NC Guest

    There are but they are pricey. The most mainstream example is from Voodoo
    PC. No fans in the system

    http://www.voodoopc.com/systems/f50.aspx

    "Voodoo RAGE F-50 Advanced Personal Computer is a totally silent PC
    featuring *NO FANS* whatsoever. The RAGE F-50 uses a new technology which
    allows us to eliminate all the fans in your PC, including the Power Supply
    Fan. Constructed of heavy gauge aluminium, the Voodoo RAGE F-50 is designed
    for the most discerning PC Buyer. If you're looking for a PC with amazing
    performance, luxury aesthetics, and runs silently, then this is certainly
    the PC for you"

    Michael-NC, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Michel

    Michael-NC Guest

    Also check out Zalman, they make the case the Voodoo uses. That would be a
    _hell_ of a home-built.

    Michael-NC, Apr 13, 2004
  5. Michel

    Night_Seer Guest

    Michael-NC wrote:
    > Also check out Zalman, they make the case the Voodoo uses. That would
    > be a _hell_ of a home-built.
    >
    > "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    >> There are but they are pricey. The most mainstream example is from
    >> Voodoo PC. No fans in the system
    >>
    >> http://www.voodoopc.com/systems/f50.aspx
    >>
    >> "Voodoo RAGE F-50 Advanced Personal Computer is a totally silent PC
    >> featuring *NO FANS* whatsoever. The RAGE F-50 uses a new technology
    >> which allows us to eliminate all the fans in your PC, including the
    >> Power Supply Fan. Constructed of heavy gauge aluminium, the Voodoo
    >> RAGE F-50 is designed for the most discerning PC Buyer. If you're
    >> looking for a PC with amazing performance, luxury aesthetics, and
    >> runs silently, then this is certainly the PC for you"
    >>
    >> "Michel" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, is there a computer out there which uses no cooling fans.
    >>> Computers are getting faster but making more and more noise. I'm
    >>> willing to sacrifice some speed for some rest :)

    The case costs as much as the computer though...you have to really pay
    for no fans.
    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Apr 13, 2004