    Adam

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Adam, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Adam

    Harrison Guest

    Use system restore to restore the computer to a state prior to loading
    Karen's show stopper.

    Harrison, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Adam

    Adam Guest

    Harrison wrote:

    >Use system restore to restore the computer to a state prior to loading
    >Karen's show stopper.
    >
    >On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:48:10 -0500, Adam
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>WinME, 256 RAM. Used to be able to go into hibernation, but now I
    >>can't, and there is no nohiber.txt file. When I try to put computer
    >>into hibernation it seems to go there for a few seconds and then comes
    >>back to its active state. Haven't added any new sound cards. Problem
    >>seemed to arise after I loaded Karen's Show stopper ap. It made desktop
    >>icons that allowed you to quickly shutdown, hibernate, standby. As
    >>they didn't seen to work too well, I deleted the ap.
    >>Adam

    Thanks. One more question about system restorer. I know about it, but
    when it restores will it delete or interfere with all the stuff and
    changes I've made since the last time I used it. Specifically, I've
    added a new browser, email client, a lot of new files in my
    documents, new picture files, and new applications and plug ins, etc.
    Or, does it just restore the OS and let the other stuff alone?
    Adam

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Adam, Nov 18, 2003