No News from Clear

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Brian Withers, Mar 16, 2007.

  1. Seems that there News Server is Down all DAY..
    Brian Withers, Mar 16, 2007

  2. Brian Withers

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:49:53 +1300, in message <>,
    Brian Withers wrote:

    > Seems that there News Server is Down all DAY..

    Indeed so -- it seems to have stopped exchanging messages with
    the rest of Usenet. The only new posts which I see are ones posted
    on the Clear/Paradise news server.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Mar 16, 2007

  3. Brian Withers

    Guest

    On Mar 17, 9:45 am, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:49:53 +1300, in message <>,

    > Indeed so -- it seems to have stopped exchanging messages with
    > the rest of Usenet. The only new posts which I see are ones posted
    > on the Clear/Paradise news server.

    On the positive side I see that Google has improved their news
    client significantly.

    Bye,
    Jasen.
    , Mar 17, 2007
  4. Brian Withers

    peterwn Guest

    On Mar 17, 9:45 am, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:49:53 +1300, in message <>,
    >
    > Brian Withers wrote:
    > > Seems that there News Server is Down all DAY..

    > Indeed so -- it seems to have stopped exchanging messages with
    > the rest of Usenet. The only new posts which I see are ones posted
    > on the Clear/Paradise news server.

    I cannot understand why they cannot just 'point' to Telstra's news
    servers in Oz rather than keep a mirror in NZ.
    peterwn, Mar 18, 2007
  5. Brian Withers

    Brian Withers wrote:

    > Seems that there News Server is Down all DAY..

    And again in April.

    The news server has lost contact with the rest of Usenet, yesterday and today.
    Ralph Fox, Apr 26, 2007