No news from 70-330/340??

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Ernesto, May 31, 2004.

  1. Ernesto

    Ernesto Guest

    Hey!!

    This newsgroups is always talking about dumps, the better
    books, flames against the novices... etc.. But i haven't
    seen any reference about the new security exams.

    Some weeks ago i asked if someone else has something to
    talk about the exam, and ONLY ONE person responds me!!!
    Is amazing if i compare with the traffic at the time of
    the first betas of 306..320 and when 300 becomes live.

    Perhaps is time to let of blame to the novices,and start
    talking about the ways that the certification is taking...

    Is almost a month since i take the 330 and i haven't any
    news about it, someone else have more information? When
    the final exam will becomes live? Do you intend to take
    it? If i don't pass perhaps i'll take it again rather
    than the SQL exam...

    Best Regards
    Ernesto

    Ernesto, May 31, 2004

  2. >Perhaps is time to let of blame to the novices,and start
    >talking about the ways that the certification is taking...

    As I've said before, I can't understand why these exams were not never
    part of the dot net certification track. That will change, but why so
    long?

    The way security is ignored in software development on the ms platform
    has always been mad.

    To me, one of few reason to move to dot net, is the excellent
    improvement to code based security over the traditional, non dot net
    development tools. Again I can't understand why this was not promoted
    in the certification process, until now.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 31, 2004

  3. Ernesto

    Larry Guest

    Sounds like you know something the rest of us don't (or,
    at least think you do). Why don't you tell us something -
    if you really have anything to say.

    As far as I'm concerned, I don't see anything about it on
    the Microsoft site, so I'm confident that it's not a
    current requirement for the MCSD. I would imagine that
    most posters on this board are working on getting
    certified, like me. I don't think most of us are
    particularly focused on hypotheticals.

    But if you have any actual information, by all means,
    share it.

    Larry, Jun 3, 2004
  4. Ernesto

    Moe Guest

    As much as I hate to agree with Kline, this is a good
    thing to have in a cert program. But I don't think
    they're going to have a lot of people taking this since
    its an elective and most developers would probably rather
    do SQL Server, since they probably already know database
    stuff anyway.

    Unfortunatly, the conventional wisdom in most shops seems
    to be that developers develop - and LAN admins and DBAs
    are responsible for security. So, only after you've
    designed, developed, tested, and debugged you solution,
    you move it onto a production platform where some pinhead
    starts looking for ways to lock it down. Sometimes that
    works fine but if you app needs to enable different users
    to do different things, the pinheads often don't like to
    listen to you.

    ..NET, of course, enables developers to write code that is
    compatible with an enterprise security strategy. And if
    you can have an intelligent conversation with the right
    folks about what (if any) actual security strategy is in
    place, there's a lot of potential to manage security in
    truly elegant ways.

    In my own experience, developers are often left out of
    the loop.

    Moe, Jun 3, 2004
  5. >As much as I hate to agree with Kline

    why?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 3, 2004
  6. > if
    >you can have an intelligent conversation with the right
    >folks about what (if any) actual security strategy is in
    >place, there's a lot of potential to manage security in
    >truly elegant ways.

    This is so funny because it's very true.

    Security all to often is completely ignored, and is why thirteens year
    old kids can plant bots inside large company networks.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 3, 2004
  7. Ernesto

    UAError Guest

    "Ernesto" <> wrote:

    >Hey!!

    <snip>

    >Is almost a month since i take the 330 and i haven't any
    >news about it, someone else have more information? When
    >the final exam will becomes live? Do you intend to take
    >it? If i don't pass perhaps i'll take it again rather
    >than the SQL exam...
    >
    >Best Regards
    >Ernesto

    It looks like they are still making progress:

    is still getting updated:

    Instructor-led Courses for This Exam
    Course 2840: Developing Secure Applications
    (available July 2004)

    and recently

    Microsoft Press Self-Paced Training Products
    MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Implementing Security for
    Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft
    Visual C# .NET (available August 2004)

    so maybe they are planning to go live with the exam in the
    July-September timeframe.

    UAError, Jun 8, 2004