    IE 6
    --
    Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !
    RustyM, Oct 24, 2006

  2. Hi

    There are probably over 50 settings involved in Wireless Networking, so
    guessing is Not an option that I like to peruse May be you would find
    something the following info that would help you to find the culprit.

    In General, you can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following
    these steps.

    Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
    Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
    is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost

    Step Two. Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify.

    If the above two Steps indicates that every thing looks good but
    functionally it does not work.

    Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
    or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 24, 2006

  3. RustyM

    Kerry Brown Guest

    Does your network card support 802.11a (5 GHz)? Particularly with Intel
    wireless adapters I have seen 802.11b (2.4 GHz) get inadvertently switched
    off. If you have an Intel wireless icon in the System Tray (by the clock)
    right click on it and make sure there is a check beside 2.4 GHz. This is
    just one of many possibilities but a quick one to check.

    --
    Kerry
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Kerry Brown, Oct 25, 2006
  4. I have the same problem since 2 days ago. I booted into another Windows XP
    (Yes, dual boot) and wireless works fine.

    I suspect it's caused by one of the recent update, since that Windows XP is
    not updated for a while.

    Right, my wireless adapter is Intel Pro 3945ABG.

    =?Utf-8?B?d2FuZ3hpYW9odQ==?=, Oct 25, 2006
  5. I have auto install of updates (download and notify), but KB917021 is not
    installed.

    =?Utf-8?B?d2FuZ3hpYW9odQ==?=, Oct 25, 2006
  6. RustyM

    Pavel A. Guest

    Pavel A., Oct 25, 2006
  7. RustyM

    RustyM Guest

    Horray!!!! I am glad, but embarrased to say it was the simplest thing that I
    never knew about and will share with other novices like myself. Thanks to
    Jacks link "My New Wireless does not work" i was able to google the infamous
    switch my laptop has that can turn on or off the wireless thing.I found it
    on my laptop>clicked on it and problem resolved. I guess i pushed it when
    wiping the LT the other day. thanx to all who helped .

    RustyM, Oct 25, 2006