    I am quite new to wifi and would welcome any suggestions as to why one
    machine sees the signal and the other doesn't.

    Noel

    Noel S Pamfree, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Noel S Pamfree

    D@annyBoy Guest

    I had the same problem with my Acer.
    Previously I locked the wireless access and forgot all about it :)
    Brought the laptop to Acer and they simply unlocked the wireless access
    button found on the side of the laptop

    D@annyBoy, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Noel S Pamfree

    Pavel A. Guest

    Most probably this is because the Centrino machine has the 2100 adapter,
    that is B only, but the ADSL router is configured to work only in G mode.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Oct 7, 2004
  4. Thanks Danny,

    You are quite right - there is a button just above the F6 key that turns it
    on and off!

    Noel

    Noel S Pamfree, Oct 8, 2004