    and coudnt find.

    Any help with an explanation would be greatly appreciated

    Thank You

    Sal, Mar 14, 2008

  2. Sal

    smlunatick Guest

    On Mar 14, 4:40 am, Sal <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have an IBM T43 laptop and everything was fine when one day my system took
    > 100% Cpu and i restarted my laptop by pressing the power button. From that
    > day on when ever i restart or start my PC i dont see any network connection.
    > So what i do is start the pc login into it and then put it in sleep mode for
    > a few minutes and wake it up then the network connection start. Interesting
    > !!!
    >
    > Not sure what happens. I guess some services are not started and when it
    > recovers from sleep mode the services gets started. I checked the services
    > and coudnt find.
    >
    > Any help with an explanation would be greatly appreciated
    >
    > Thank You

    Review the laptop's manuals and look for a possible "switch" that may
    turn off the wireless adapter. Several laptops with built-in wireless
    adapters come with a "hardware" switch to turn it off / on.

    smlunatick, Mar 14, 2008

  3. Sal

    Sal Guest

    Hi

    No the problem is not just the wireless adapaters. I dont even see the lan
    connection my dial up nothing. But when it recovers from sleep mode i see all
    the network connection

    Sal

    Sal, Mar 14, 2008
  4. Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 14, 2008
  5. Sal

    MarkSatterfield

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    77
    Location:
    Central Florida
    I had the same issue with a T42. I thought I had a hardware issue. I had the same 100% CPU lockup. Looked and looked and looked. Asked like three hundred friends.

    Finally, the 301st friend suggested that I reinstall the OS.

    Turned out it was a virus (which I did discover) that destroyed the OS install. Reinstall fixed the problem.

    Painfully (since this is the SECOND response from every help desk operator -- the first being "reboot") I'd suggest backing up all your data and reinstalling the OS. If you have a USB hard drive, try installing the OS on it and booting off of the USB, to test the theory.

    --Mark

    http://www.marksatterfield.com/
    http://mark.a.satterfield.googlepages.com/
    http://satterfield.890m.com/