  1. I see that they have been removed from sale at all Noel Leeming stores,
    was told be the manager that they have been sent to a clearing house in
    Auckland

    Frank Williams, Jun 14, 2012

  2. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 14, 3:05 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > I see that they have been removed from sale at all Noel Leeming stores,
    > was told be the manager that they have been sent to a clearing house in
    > Auckland

    They probably sold none in the last year anyway - it's a lemon.

    Netflix, Hulu and iTunes/AppleTV are all far superior.

    And no problem getting around the US only restriction either.

    JohnO, Jun 14, 2012

  3. On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:18:50 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    wrote:

    >On Jun 14, 3:05 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >> I see that they have been removed from sale at all Noel Leeming stores,
    >> was told be the manager that they have been sent to a clearing house in
    >> Auckland

    >They probably sold none in the last year anyway - it's a lemon.
    >
    >Netflix, Hulu and iTunes/AppleTV are all far superior.
    >
    >And no problem getting around the US only restriction either.

    Its will never take of here due to Low Data caps, read this about Data
    Caps and Internet TV

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...2951166384624.html?mod=WSJ_hps_LEFTTopStories

    Can any one explain why we need Ultra fast Broadband...??

    Frank Williams, Jun 14, 2012
  4. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    On 6/14/2012 4:07 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:18:50 -0700 (PDT), JohnO<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Jun 14, 3:05 pm, Frank Williams<> wrote:
    >>> I see that they have been removed from sale at all Noel Leeming stores,
    >>> was told be the manager that they have been sent to a clearing house in
    >>> Auckland

    >> They probably sold none in the last year anyway - it's a lemon.
    >>
    >> Netflix, Hulu and iTunes/AppleTV are all far superior.
    >>
    >> And no problem getting around the US only restriction either.

    > Its will never take of here due to Low Data caps, read this about Data
    > Caps and Internet TV

    Look at snaps additional blocks - or orcon. Or slingshots flatrate plan
    with no cap at all that people I know regually push over a terabyte thru
    each month.

    > Can any one explain why we need Ultra fast Broadband...??

    Backing up stuff, uploading HD video etc, better video chat etc. a
    limited 1.2 megabit upload really limits your ability to do things like
    that.

    isky is zero rated on many many ISPs - not going to see better quality
    till there is an overall better speed to people.

    Ultrafast broadband will allow other providers to operate over the
    fibre, so nothing stopping sky or someone operating over one of the
    other ports on the ONT box with their own managed service. Would be nice
    to see the ethernet port on the sky box used for something useful.

    Anyway, back to the subject. Tivo is the best dvb-t recorder - not many
    people would dispute that. It has options for getting the content off
    it, for playing it on another box on the network, and a usable

    Im hoping they are off the shelves as they are bringing out a better
    one, since they may discount them even furthur and I need to get
    something to record choice tv on since I cant mysky it.

    Richard, Jun 14, 2012
  5. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 14, 4:07 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:18:50 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Jun 14, 3:05 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > >> I see that they have been removed from sale at all Noel Leeming stores,
    > >> was told be the manager that they have been sent to a clearing house in
    > >> Auckland

    > >They probably sold none in the last year anyway - it's a lemon.

    > >Netflix, Hulu and iTunes/AppleTV are all far superior.

    > >And no problem getting around the US only restriction either.

    > Its will never take of  here due to Low Data caps, read this about Data
    > Caps and Internet TV

    Wakey wakey Woger. 120Gb and up caps are commonplace now. That's a lot
    of SD movies.

    JohnO, Jun 14, 2012
  6. On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:08:42 +1200, "geoff" <>
    wrote:

    >Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:18:50 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> They probably sold none in the last year anyway - it's a lemon.
    >>>
    >>> Netflix, Hulu and iTunes/AppleTV are all far superior.
    >>>
    >>> And no problem getting around the US only restriction either.

    >> Its will never take of here due to Low Data caps, read this about
    >> Data Caps and Internet TV
    >>
    >> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...2951166384624.html?mod=WSJ_hps_LEFTTopStories
    >>

    >> Can any one explain why we need Ultra fast Broadband...??

    >Yes, but doubt you'd understand.
    >
    >When it becomes available, data caps will adjust to something realistic for
    >the times - just like they have now compared to a year ago, or even 6 months
    >ago....
    >
    >geoff

    NEVER

    Frank Williams, Jun 14, 2012
  7. On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:21:53 +1200, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 6/14/2012 4:07 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:18:50 -0700 (PDT), JohnO<>
    >> wrote:

    >>> They probably sold none in the last year anyway - it's a lemon.
    >>>
    >>> Netflix, Hulu and iTunes/AppleTV are all far superior.
    >>>
    >>> And no problem getting around the US only restriction either.

    >> Its will never take of here due to Low Data caps, read this about Data
    >> Caps and Internet TV
    >>

    >Look at snaps additional blocks - or orcon. Or slingshots flatrate plan
    >with no cap at all that people I know regually push over a terabyte thru
    >each month.
    >
    >> Can any one explain why we need Ultra fast Broadband...??

    >Backing up stuff, uploading HD video etc, better video chat etc. a
    >limited 1.2 megabit upload really limits your ability to do things like
    >that.
    >
    >isky is zero rated on many many ISPs - not going to see better quality
    >till there is an overall better speed to people.
    >
    >Ultrafast broadband will allow other providers to operate over the
    >fibre, so nothing stopping sky or someone operating over one of the
    >other ports on the ONT box with their own managed service. Would be nice
    >to see the ethernet port on the sky box used for something useful.
    >

    >Anyway, back to the subject. Tivo is the best dvb-t recorder - not many
    >people would dispute that. It has options for getting the content off
    >it, for playing it on another box on the network, and a usable
    >
    >Im hoping they are off the shelves as they are bringing out a better
    >one, since they may discount them even furthur and I need to get
    >something to record choice tv on since I cant mysky it.

    No its gone belly up and ALL the better ones are Cable only

    Frank Williams, Jun 14, 2012
  8. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    On 6/14/2012 8:02 PM, Frank Williams wrote:

    > No its gone belly up and ALL the better ones are Cable only

    [Citation Needed]

    Richard, Jun 14, 2012
  9. On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:54:23 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    wrote:

    >On Jun 14, 4:07 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:18:50 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >They probably sold none in the last year anyway - it's a lemon.

    >> >Netflix, Hulu and iTunes/AppleTV are all far superior.

    >> >And no problem getting around the US only restriction either.

    >> Its will never take of  here due to Low Data caps, read this about Data
    >> Caps and Internet TV

    >Wakey wakey Woger. 120Gb and up caps are commonplace now. That's a lot
    >of SD movies.

    List all these ISP that have high caps that don't cost the earth.

    I think that TelstraClear its around $175 for 140GB..

    I have a NZ radio recording from a OECD data manager that was stating
    in France that they get unlimited and 28TV channels for $40.

    So dream on

    Frank Williams, Jun 14, 2012
  10. Frank Williams

    Fred Guest

    On 14/06/2012 7:21 p.m., Richard wrote:
    > On 6/14/2012 4:07 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:18:50 -0700 (PDT), JohnO<>
    >> wrote:

    >>> They probably sold none in the last year anyway - it's a lemon.
    >>>
    >>> Netflix, Hulu and iTunes/AppleTV are all far superior.
    >>>
    >>> And no problem getting around the US only restriction either.

    >> Its will never take of here due to Low Data caps, read this about Data
    >> Caps and Internet TV
    >>

    > Look at snaps additional blocks - or orcon. Or slingshots flatrate plan
    > with no cap at all that people I know regually push over a terabyte thru
    > each month.
    >
    >> Can any one explain why we need Ultra fast Broadband...??

    > Backing up stuff, uploading HD video etc, better video chat etc. a
    > limited 1.2 megabit upload really limits your ability to do things like
    > that.
    >
    > isky is zero rated on many many ISPs - not going to see better quality
    > till there is an overall better speed to people.
    >
    > Ultrafast broadband will allow other providers to operate over the
    > fibre, so nothing stopping sky or someone operating over one of the
    > other ports on the ONT box with their own managed service. Would be nice
    > to see the ethernet port on the sky box used for something useful.
    >

    > Anyway, back to the subject. Tivo is the best dvb-t recorder - not many
    > people would dispute that. It has options for getting the content off
    > it, for playing it on another box on the network, and a usable
    >
    > Im hoping they are off the shelves as they are bringing out a better
    > one, since they may discount them even furthur and I need to get
    > something to record choice tv on since I cant mysky it.

    Why not get one of those usb gizzmos and record it on your computer?

    Fred, Jun 14, 2012
  11. On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:14:01 +1200, Frank Williams
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:54:23 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Jun 14, 4:07 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:

    >>> Its will never take of  here due to Low Data caps, read this about Data
    >>> Caps and Internet TV

    >>Wakey wakey Woger. 120Gb and up caps are commonplace now. That's a lot
    >>of SD movies.

    >List all these ISP that have high caps that don't cost the earth.
    >

    >I think that TelstraClear its around $175 for 140GB..

    I have a 400 Gbyte cap for $129.00 per month from Worldnet:

    http://www.worldnet.co.nz/personal/dsl/

    And on their UFB plans you can get 1 Tbyte a month for $199.95

    http://www.worldnet.co.nz/ufb/residential.php

    Times are finally changing here in NZ.

    Stephen Worthington, Jun 14, 2012
  12. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    On Jun 14, 8:14 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:54:23 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On Jun 14, 4:07 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > >> Its will never take of  here due to Low Data caps, read this about Data
    > >> Caps and Internet TV

    > >Wakey wakey Woger. 120Gb and up caps are commonplace now. That's a lot
    > >of SD movies.

    > List all these ISP that have high caps that don't cost the earth.
    >
    > I think that TelstraClear its around $175 for 140GB..
    >
    > I have a NZ radio recording from a OECD  data  manager that was stating
    > in France  that they get unlimited  and 28TV channels for $40.
    >
    > So dream on

    No dreaming, you demented old fool. I just told you: Telecom do phone
    plus 120Gb adsl2+ for $105.

    JohnO, Jun 14, 2012
  13. On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:10:14 +1200, Fred <> wrote:

    >On 14/06/2012 7:21 p.m., Richard wrote:
    >> On 6/14/2012 4:07 PM, Frank Williams wrote:

    >>> Its will never take of here due to Low Data caps, read this about Data
    >>> Caps and Internet TV
    >>>

    >> Look at snaps additional blocks - or orcon. Or slingshots flatrate plan
    >> with no cap at all that people I know regually push over a terabyte thru
    >> each month.
    >>
    >>> Can any one explain why we need Ultra fast Broadband...??

    >> Backing up stuff, uploading HD video etc, better video chat etc. a
    >> limited 1.2 megabit upload really limits your ability to do things like
    >> that.
    >>
    >> isky is zero rated on many many ISPs - not going to see better quality
    >> till there is an overall better speed to people.
    >>
    >> Ultrafast broadband will allow other providers to operate over the
    >> fibre, so nothing stopping sky or someone operating over one of the
    >> other ports on the ONT box with their own managed service. Would be nice
    >> to see the ethernet port on the sky box used for something useful.
    >>

    >> Anyway, back to the subject. Tivo is the best dvb-t recorder - not many
    >> people would dispute that. It has options for getting the content off
    >> it, for playing it on another box on the network, and a usable

    You need the Home Network software to do that and its not sold here..

    The TVIO that was sold here is very Old 2006 vintage.

    >> Im hoping they are off the shelves as they are bringing out a better
    >> one, since they may discount them even furthur and I need to get
    >> something to record choice tv on since I cant mysky it.

    >Why not get one of those usb gizzmos and record it on your computer?

    Yes I have one sold on TradeMe for some $35 mine came direct from Deal
    extreme, I cant use mine due to not having a Antenna feed handy

    Frank Williams, Jun 14, 2012
  14. Frank Williams

    Geopelia Guest

    Will they bring in something as easy to use as the present tape recording
    machines?
    I just get Menu and put in the channel and time. It will rewind and fast
    forward too.

    There needs to be something the average person can use, with a manual in
    simple English.

    Geopelia, Jun 14, 2012
  15. On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 01:38:25 +1200, Stephen Worthington
    <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

    >On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:14:01 +1200, Frank Williams
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:54:23 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Wakey wakey Woger. 120Gb and up caps are commonplace now. That's a lot
    >>>of SD movies.

    >>List all these ISP that have high caps that don't cost the earth.
    >>

    >>I think that TelstraClear its around $175 for 140GB..

    >I have a 400 Gbyte cap for $129.00 per month from Worldnet:
    >
    > http://www.worldnet.co.nz/personal/dsl/
    >
    >And on their UFB plans you can get 1 Tbyte a month for $199.95
    >
    > http://www.worldnet.co.nz/ufb/residential.php
    >
    >Times are finally changing here in NZ.

    No they are not way way overpriced than the OECD..

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  16. On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:13:28 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    wrote:

    >On Jun 14, 8:14 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:54:23 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Wakey wakey Woger. 120Gb and up caps are commonplace now. That's a lot
    >> >of SD movies.

    >> List all these ISP that have high caps that don't cost the earth.
    >>
    >> I think that TelstraClear its around $175 for 140GB..
    >>
    >> I have a NZ radio recording from a OECD  data  manager that was stating
    >> in France  that they get unlimited  and 28TV channels for $40.
    >>
    >> So dream on

    >No dreaming, you demented old fool. I just told you: Telecom do phone
    >plus 120Gb adsl2+ for $105.

    Yes way over priced by some 500%

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  17. On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:49:39 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >Will they bring in something as easy to use as the present tape recording
    >machines?
    >I just get Menu and put in the channel and time. It will rewind and fast
    >forward too.
    >
    >There needs to be something the average person can use, with a manual in
    >simple English.

    I do hope that you was not thinking in getting a TIVO as they are very
    old and bulky and need a Internet connection to work.

    Yes just get a DishTV T1050 is very easy to use, you turn it on from
    standby push the Guide button select the Channel skip down to the TV
    program you wish to record the press the Red button, if you wish to
    record the series you push the Blue button then place the unite back in
    standby, its that simple.

    I have been using 3 VCR's and I have found that this is the best option
    as you can also record 2 TV channels at the same time and you don't even
    have to do any thing to use that feature, its totally automatic.

    Was/is being listed for $298 with JB HiFi

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  18. Frank Williams

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:46:59 +1200, Frank Williams
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:49:39 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Will they bring in something as easy to use as the present tape recording
    >>machines?
    >>I just get Menu and put in the channel and time. It will rewind and fast
    >>forward too.
    >>
    >>There needs to be something the average person can use, with a manual in
    >>simple English.
    >>

    >I do hope that you was not thinking in getting a TIVO as they are very
    >old and bulky and need a Internet connection to work.

    "I do hope you was not thinking ..."

    Woger's English is about as simple as it gets. Simply atrocious.

    Donchano, Jun 15, 2012
  19. In article <>, Stephen Worthington <34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:
    (snip)

    >>I think that TelstraClear its around $175 for 140GB..

    >I have a 400 Gbyte cap for $129.00 per month from Worldnet:
    > http://www.worldnet.co.nz/personal/dsl/
    >And on their UFB plans you can get 1 Tbyte a month for $199.95
    > http://www.worldnet.co.nz/ufb/residential.php
    >Times are finally changing here in NZ.

    Yet sadly, the data charges are still really high in NZ relative to
    everywhere else. Yes, I know there's a small pipe ... but I reckon that's
    just an excuse to charge high prices.

    Bruce Sinclair, Jun 15, 2012
  20. On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:53:05 +1200, Donchano
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:46:59 +1200, Frank Williams
    ><> shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >>On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:49:39 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Will they bring in something as easy to use as the present tape recording
    >>>machines?
    >>>I just get Menu and put in the channel and time. It will rewind and fast
    >>>forward too.
    >>>
    >>>There needs to be something the average person can use, with a manual in
    >>>simple English.
    >>>

    >>I do hope that you was not thinking in getting a TIVO as they are very
    >>old and bulky and need a Internet connection to work.

    >"I do hope you was not thinking ..."
    >
    >Woger's English is about as simple as it gets. Simply atrocious.

    And the people that pick on ones spelling and grammar are classed as the
    lowest scum you can get...

    Seems that if you have noting to contribute then shut the f up

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012