No more Asus Intel MoBo's

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The GHOST of WOGER., Jun 30, 2004.

  1. Seems that Asus & Intel have fallen out..

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jun 30, 2004

  2. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Dave Taylor Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. <> wrote in
    news::

    > Seems that Asus & Intel have fallen out..

    Please post supporting news source.

    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jun 30, 2004

  3. The GHOST of WOGER.

    PseUDO Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > The GHOST of WOGER. <> wrote in
    >

    >>Seems that Asus & Intel have fallen out..
    >>

    > Please post supporting news source.
    >
    > Ciao, Dave

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboards/display/20040629030218.html

    ASUS will continue to make boards that use intel chips/cpu's etc, but
    will no longer be making boards for Intel with Intels stamp on them ,
    the new company that will make motherboards for Intel is "Wistron".

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Jun 30, 2004
  4. The GHOST of WOGER.

    TEX Guest

    PseUDO wrote:
    > Dave Taylor wrote:
    >
    >> The GHOST of WOGER. <> wrote in
    >>

    >>> Seems that Asus & Intel have fallen out..
    >>>

    >> Please post supporting news source.
    >>
    >> Ciao, Dave

    > http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboards/display/20040629030218.html
    >
    > ASUS will continue to make boards that use intel chips/cpu's etc, but
    > will no longer be making boards for Intel with Intels stamp on them ,
    > the new company that will make motherboards for Intel is "Wistron".
    >
    > PseUDO

    Bloody Woger. That is totally different to Asus not making intel based
    boards, in which "most" ppl would have assumed what Woger ment when he
    posted.

    TEX

    TEX, Jun 30, 2004
  5. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Dave Taylor Guest

    TEX <> wrote in news::

    > PseUDO wrote:
    >> Dave Taylor wrote:
    >>
    >>> The GHOST of WOGER. <> wrote in

    >>> Please post supporting news source.
    >>>
    >>> Ciao, Dave

    >> http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboards/display/20040629030218.html
    >>
    >> ASUS will continue to make boards that use intel chips/cpu's etc, but
    >> will no longer be making boards for Intel with Intels stamp on them ,
    >> the new company that will make motherboards for Intel is "Wistron".
    >>
    >> PseUDO

    > Bloody Woger. That is totally different to Asus not making intel based
    > boards, in which "most" ppl would have assumed what Woger ment when he
    > posted.
    >
    > TEX

    Yep, That is what I ass(u)(me)(d).
    I like Asus boards. I have a P2B and a P4P800-VM. The VM's onboard
    stuff works just fine for me since I am not a bleeding edge gamer. I
    should have forked out the extra little bit for the P4P800-pro or
    whatever it was called at the time, but have since found cpuid.com which
    allows soft fsb if I feel like OC'ing. I dont usually OC, and have seen
    no real difference in real world use with a ten percent OC.
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Jun 30, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    says...

    > Seems that Asus & Intel have fallen out..

    It actually happened few years ago, when Intel caused a large number of
    manufacturers, including ASUS, to lose large sums of money over the 820
    chipset fiasco.

    Patrick Dunford, Jun 30, 2004
  7. PseUDO <> wrote in message news:<m0vEc.5533$>...
    > > Please post supporting news source.
    > >
    > > Ciao, Dave

    > http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboards/display/20040629030218.html
    >
    > ASUS will continue to make boards that use intel chips/cpu's etc, but
    > will no longer be making boards for Intel with Intels stamp on them ,
    > the new company that will make motherboards for Intel is "Wistron".

    Wistron = Acer IIRC

    Nathan Mercer, Jul 2, 2004