no more 32 bit windows (?!!)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Barb Bowman, May 17, 2007.

  1. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. Barb Bowman

    XS11E Guest

    Barb Bowman <> wrote:

    > http://apcmag.com/6121/windows_server_gets_vista_version_itis

    It's time. Many, if not most, hardware/software vendors have *finally*
    recognized the existence of 64 bit computing and have released 64 bit
    products or have said that 64 bit products are coming.

    In a completely unrelated note, at least one OS (whose discussion is
    off topic here) is also rapidly catching up with 64 bit drivers, my
    current install of 64 bit Mandriva 2007 (Ooops, sorry, pretend you
    didn't see that, OK?) is the first that has recognized ALL my hardware.

    FWIW, I finally got all my hardware running in Vista 64 just about the
    same time as I did in (OS not to be mentioned).

    XS11E, May 17, 2007

  3. Colin Barnhorst, May 17, 2007
  4. yes, it is at this point.

    And yes, it's clear that the end is in site for 32-bit. But we're a ways
    away from that point yet.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64