    to figure this one out. Would appreciate any positive advice on this
    problem.

    Hawkeye65
    The Addison's, Nov 18, 2006

  2. The Addison's

    PeeCee Guest

    "The Addison's" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have an eMachines (plse, no rude comments) T2225. WinXP-SR2, Sound
    >Blaster Live 24-bit sound card, 740MB, 120GB. I cannot get the microphone
    >to work. I have an internet chat headset and have plugged the connections
    >into the appropriate ports on the front of the computer, as well as the
    >sound card, with no success. I have checked to make sure the microphone is
    >not muted, both on the headset and in the control panel. I am about at wits
    >end trying to figure this one out. Would appreciate any positive advice on
    >this problem.
    >

    > Hawkeye65

    Hawkeye

    Try the Mic socket at the back of the computer.
    Just because the sockets are at the front doesn't mean the assembledroid
    connected them up.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Nov 18, 2006

  3. The Addison's

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:18:32 +1300, "PeeCee" <> wrote:

    >Try the Mic socket at the back of the computer.
    >Just because the sockets are at the front doesn't mean the assembledroid
    >connected them up.

    I'm assuming "have plugged the connections into the appropriate ports
    on the front of the computer, as well as the sound card" means the OP
    did that...
    Evan Platt, Nov 18, 2006
  4. The Addison's

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:03:07 -0500, "The Addison's"
    <> wrote:

    >I have an eMachines (plse, no rude comments) T2225. WinXP-SR2, Sound Blaster
    >Live 24-bit sound card, 740MB, 120GB. I cannot get the microphone to work. I
    >have an internet chat headset and have plugged the connections into the
    >appropriate ports on the front of the computer, as well as the sound card,
    >with no success. I have checked to make sure the microphone is not muted,
    >both on the headset and in the control panel. I am about at wits end trying
    >to figure this one out. Would appreciate any positive advice on this
    >problem.

    Dumb question - do you either have another mike to try, or another
    machine to try the mike on to make sure the mike works, or to make
    sure the port works?
    Evan Platt, Nov 18, 2006
  5. The Addison's

    PeeCee Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:18:32 +1300, "PeeCee" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Try the Mic socket at the back of the computer.
    >>Just because the sockets are at the front doesn't mean the assembledroid
    >>connected them up.

    > I'm assuming "have plugged the connections into the appropriate ports
    > on the front of the computer, as well as the sound card" means the OP
    > did that...

    Oooops, missed that :)
    P.
    PeeCee, Nov 18, 2006
  6. The Addison's

    Fred Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:03:07 -0500, "The Addison's"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have an eMachines (plse, no rude comments) T2225. WinXP-SR2, Sound
    >>Blaster
    >>Live 24-bit sound card, 740MB, 120GB. I cannot get the microphone to work.
    >>have an internet chat headset and have plugged the connections into the
    >>appropriate ports on the front of the computer, as well as the sound card,
    >>with no success. I have checked to make sure the microphone is not muted,
    >>both on the headset and in the control panel. I am about at wits end
    >>trying
    >>to figure this one out. Would appreciate any positive advice on this
    >>problem.

    > Dumb question - do you either have another mike to try, or another
    > machine to try the mike on to make sure the mike works, or to make
    > sure the port works?

    What are you trying to do with the mike? Skype or similar program? Record?
    Do you have a radio/ walkman or something and a lead with two male jacks to
    play from earphone to computer to test some other (louder) sound?
    Fred, Nov 18, 2006
  7. The Addison's

    striker Guest

    Try removing the sound card drivers and re-install it. Friends computer had
    the same problem and that fixed it.

    striker, Nov 18, 2006
  8. "striker" <> wrote in message
    > Try removing the sound card drivers and re-install it. Friends computer
    > had the same problem and that fixed it.
    >
    > "The Addison's" <> wrote in message
    >>I have an eMachines (plse, no rude comments) T2225. WinXP-SR2, Sound
    >>Blaster Live 24-bit sound card, 740MB, 120GB. I cannot get the microphone
    >>to work. I have an internet chat headset and have plugged the connections
    >>into the appropriate ports on the front of the computer, as well as the
    >>sound card, with no success. I have checked to make sure the microphone is
    >>not muted, both on the headset and in the control panel. I am about at
    >>wits end trying to figure this one out. Would appreciate any positive
    >>advice on this problem.
    >>

    >> Hawkeye65

    I have tried 2 different internet-chat headsets, with no success. Of course,
    I forgot about trying them on another puter! And, of course, the ultimate
    cure-all, uninstall and reinstall! Thanks for all the ideas!

    Hawkeye65
    The Addison's, Nov 19, 2006