    NT4, IIS3 and Index Server 1.1, and NT Server in the Enterprise.

    Since then I got my MCSA in Windows 2000, and am now working on getting MCSE
    in 2000, then 2003.
    =?Utf-8?B?UGFibG8gdGhlIG9uY2Ugd2FzIE1DU0U=?=, Oct 27, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGFibG8gdGhlIG9uY2Ugd2FzIE1DU0U=?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?UGFibG8gdGhlIG9uY2Ugd2FzIE1DU0U=?=" <Pablo the once was

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Anyone know why Microsoft took away my MCSE in NT4? I had the
    > following exams: NT4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Networking requirement
    > waived, TCP/IP on NT4, IIS3 and Index Server 1.1, and NT Server in the
    > Enterprise.
    >
    > Since then I got my MCSA in Windows 2000, and am now working on
    > getting MCSE in 2000, then 2003.

    They didn't take it away, they just retired it. You're still certified
    but the certificate is now obsolete.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Any idiot can face a crisis -- it's the day-to-day living that wears you
    out." Anton Chekhov
    catwalker63, Oct 27, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UGFibG8gdGhlIG9uY2Ugd2FzIE1DU0U=?=

    Outlaw Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "=?Utf-8?B?UGFibG8gdGhlIG9uY2Ugd2FzIE1DU0U=?=" <Pablo the once was
    > > prattled ceaslessly in
    >
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Anyone know why Microsoft took away my MCSE in NT4? I had the
    >> following exams: NT4 Server, NT4 Workstation, Networking requirement
    >> waived, TCP/IP on NT4, IIS3 and Index Server 1.1, and NT Server in the
    >> Enterprise.
    >>
    >> Since then I got my MCSA in Windows 2000, and am now working on
    >> getting MCSE in 2000, then 2003.
    >>

    > They didn't take it away, they just retired it. You're still certified
    > but the certificate is now obsolete.
    >
    > --

    And also, the mcseNT4 counts for one elective in the mcse 2000/2003 track.
    so it isn't a total loss :))
    Outlaw, Oct 28, 2004
  4. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/faq.asp
    Q. I was an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0. One of my elective exams, Exam 70-077:
    Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Information Server 3.0 and
    Microsoft Index Server 1.1, was discontinued on June 30, 2000, and I did not
    pass a current replacement exam before the June 30, 2001, deadline. Am I
    still certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0?

    A. You are no longer certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0. To be
    certified as an MCSE on Windows NT 4.0, you must have met both the core and
    elective requirements for NT 4.0. Exam 70-077 was discontinued in June 2000
    as part of the Windows NT 3.51 exam discontinuations. If you did not meet
    the upgrade requirements for Exam 70-077 by June 30, 2001, then you are no
    longer certified on Windows NT 4.0. See Discontinuation of Exams for more
    information.

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."Please
    do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
    purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Oct 28, 2004
  5. In article <Xns958EC6335E0E2catwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.136>, _catwalker63
    says...
    > They didn't take it away, they just retired it. You're still certified
    > but the certificate is now obsolete.

    My NT 4.0 MCSE still shows on my transcript.

    Tom's answer is correct (stating the obvious, I am <G>).

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Oct 28, 2004