    having this problem? Have they pulled an 'xtra' on us? Frustrating :\

    Mike

    And yeah, my parents still use the ihug flat rate plan at another location.

    E.C., Jan 9, 2004

  2. E.C.

    E.C. Guest

    "E.C." <> wrote in message
    news:iXqLb.6396$...
    > It seems that from today I've been unable to access my pop3 account at

    ihug
    > using my xtra connection except from the webmail interface. Anyone else
    > having this problem? Have they pulled an 'xtra' on us? Frustrating :\
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > And yeah, my parents still use the ihug flat rate plan at another

    location.

    Following this up, it turns out it was my computers problem. It wasn't
    letting me access ANY computer on port 110, suspected it was related to a
    Norton A.V 2002 crash so rebooted and hey presto we're all back to normal.

    Mike

    E.C., Jan 9, 2004

  3. E.C.

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <iXqLb.6396$>,
    says...
    > It seems that from today I've been unable to access my pop3 account at ihug
    > using my xtra connection except from the webmail interface. Anyone else
    > having this problem? Have they pulled an 'xtra' on us? Frustrating :\
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > And yeah, my parents still use the ihug flat rate plan at another location.

    If sucha thing has been implemented it is to ensure they recover their
    costs since they are not getting any money from subscriber fees to cover
    the costs of running the email.

    Mainlander, Jan 9, 2004
  4. In article <>, *@*.*
    says...
    > If sucha thing has been implemented it is to ensure they recover their
    > costs since they are not getting any money from subscriber fees to cover
    > the costs of running the email.

    Of course they do. No account with Ihug, no email box. Hence the
    existence of the email box means there is a subscription being paid.

    Hey, it could even be argued that somebody accessing their ihug pop
    account from another isp is doing ihug a favour since they are not
    taking up a dial-in ;-) hence saving them money.

    If it has been implemented that way, it's more likely than not a
    misguided security measure or an accident. I would call the helpline and
    quizz them about it.

    -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Jan 11, 2004
  5. E.C.

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    ess says...
    > In article <>, *@*.*
    > says...
    > > If sucha thing has been implemented it is to ensure they recover their
    > > costs since they are not getting any money from subscriber fees to cover
    > > the costs of running the email.

    > Of course they do. No account with Ihug, no email box. Hence the
    > existence of the email box means there is a subscription being paid.

    If you're on per hour dialup (like I do with xtra) then you're not paying
    a cent.

    Mainlander, Jan 12, 2004
  6. E.C.

    colinco Guest

    In article <>, *@*.*
    says...
    > If you're on per hour dialup (like I do with xtra) then you're not paying
    > a cent.

    Didn't xtra migrate all per hour dialup to min $5 per month?

    colinco, Jan 12, 2004
  7. E.C.

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>, *@*.*
    > says...
    > > If you're on per hour dialup (like I do with xtra) then you're not paying
    > > a cent.
    > >

    > Didn't xtra migrate all per hour dialup to min $5 per month?

    So it was claimed. I haven't noticed any difference in bills though.

    Mainlander, Jan 13, 2004