    Connections' it only has one thing - '1394 Connection 3'.

    Can anybody offer any advice as to why I do not have a LAC, how I can set
    one up or what else I might be missing. Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?bmVpbDJqbw==?=, Sep 25, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bmVpbDJqbw==?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Are the network drivers installed...? (Check the Device Manager.)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 25, 2006

  3. I am not too clued up when it comes to computers but have a some idea so
    please bare with me. Can you tell me exactly what I need to look for - I
    know how to get inot Device Manager. Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?bmVpbDJqbw==?=, Sep 25, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bmVpbDJqbw==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Neil:
    After you reinstall the operating system (XP x64), you have to
    install the motherboard drivers from the driver disk or mother board disk.

    Dennis Pack, Sep 25, 2006
  5. I have been trying to do that but my disc that I have will not autoplay and
    there are lots of options to choose from when you go from open. I have
    spoken to the motherboard tech help and they have told me to download a
    'chipset' driver from their website which I am currently doing but not sure
    how I will get it from laptop to PC at the moment.

    =?Utf-8?B?bmVpbDJqbw==?=, Sep 25, 2006
  6. Put your System CD in the drive and have a look at it in your filemanager
    (Windows Exporer) you will find just a few EXE files - one of them is
    probably SETUP.EXE. On rare occasions there are no EXE files, or it has a
    different name. Then double click AUTORUN.INF, it will open in NOTEPAD
    listing the name of the file and the folder were it is located. Find it and
    double click that file and it will execute the main menu of the installation
    routine and all the options.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 27, 2006
  7. right click my computer=then left click properties=then click hardware then
    device manager==look under network adapters if only 1394 is there your lan
    driverS are NOT INSTALLED. On ur mainboard cdrom there are main drivers ur
    pc. Look for networking drivers and install. usually has
    chipset..video...sound..networking aka LAN..

    =?Utf-8?B?TmFzY2FyLUZhbmF0aWM=?=, Oct 11, 2006