    Router is Netgear Super G WGT624; laptop with XP Home using WG511T wireless
    card, and desktop with XP Home direct wired from router are all working fine.

    Thanks, JR

    =?Utf-8?B?cHVtYUpMUg==?=, Sep 25, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cHVtYUpMUg==?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    Please *make sure* (maybe, ask Netgear support), what drives your Netgear adapter:
    XP itself (via it's wireless configuration service) or some utility from Netgear.
    In latter case, try to "disable" it and use the Windows service.
    It, by design, properly handles multiple accounts with different permissions.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 25, 2004

  3. Finally, I got the card to work with limited accounts after Netgear Support
    admitted that their driver that was supposed to have fixed the problem just
    didn't work. So, I did as they and you suggested in disabling the Netgear
    utility software and using the Windows XP setup and all works fine. Netgear
    says that their next updated driver will fix the problem. I'll believe it
    when I see it. Thanks for your response Pavel, I wish I would have had it a
    week ago, thereby saving me many, many hours of effort and frustration. Too
    bad I can't send Netgear a bill for my wasted time.

    =?Utf-8?B?cHVtYUpMUg==?=, Sep 28, 2004