    bad card?
    bad router port?

    how can I troubleshoot without another card or router?

    david, Jan 27, 2005

  2. david

    david Guest

    > Just setting up the new router to install it in the morning but I have
    > no lights on my T1 int card.
    >
    > The router shows no other int except e0-1
    >
    > bad card?
    > bad router port?
    >
    > how can I troubleshoot without another card or router?

    I have a led light for OK on the interface card slot but no lights on
    the card itself

    david, Jan 27, 2005

  3. david <> writes:
    >> Just setting up the new router to install it in the morning but I have
    >> no lights on my T1 int card.
    >>
    >> The router shows no other int except e0-1
    >>
    >> bad card?
    >> bad router port?
    >>
    >> how can I troubleshoot without another card or router?

    >I have a led light for OK on the interface card slot but no lights on
    >the card itself

    show hardware
    show diag

    Make sure that the card is seen by IOS. Most likely one of those will
    claim unknown hardware, not recognized, and you'll need a newer IOS
    version to run if you are running something pretty old (the 1601 is a
    very old router comparedly, so its possible that it is running
    something pretty ancient).

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 27, 2005
  4. david

    david Guest

    Doug McIntyre wrote:

    > david <> writes:
    >
    >>>Just setting up the new router to install it in the morning but I have
    >>>no lights on my T1 int card.
    >>>
    >>>The router shows no other int except e0-1
    >>>
    >>>bad card?
    >>>bad router port?
    >>>
    >>>how can I troubleshoot without another card or router?

    >>I have a led light for OK on the interface card slot but no lights on
    >>the card itself

    > show hardware
    > show diag
    >
    > Make sure that the card is seen by IOS. Most likely one of those will
    > claim unknown hardware, not recognized, and you'll need a newer IOS
    > version to run if you are running something pretty old (the 1601 is a
    > very old router comparedly, so its possible that it is running
    > something pretty ancient).

    Ok it see's the Wan card with sh diag but I get these lines of text.

    rtr1#sh diag
    Unknown WAN daughter card
    Hardware revision 1.3 Board revision C0
    Serial number 0022232760 Part number 800-03279-03
    Test history 0x00 RMA number 00-00-00
    Connector type WAN Module

    EEPROM format version 2
    rtr1#sh hardware
    ****************
    Unrecognized interface found (0-1 = Motherboard interfaces 2 = WIC)
    Interface 2 unrecognized by software
    **********************

    do I need an IOS upgrade?

    david, Jan 27, 2005
  5. david

    david Guest

    Doug McIntyre wrote:

    > david <> writes:
    >
    >>>Just setting up the new router to install it in the morning but I have
    >>>no lights on my T1 int card.
    >>>
    >>>The router shows no other int except e0-1
    >>>
    >>>bad card?
    >>>bad router port?
    >>>
    >>>how can I troubleshoot without another card or router?

    >>I have a led light for OK on the interface card slot but no lights on
    >>the card itself

    > show hardware
    > show diag
    >
    > Make sure that the card is seen by IOS. Most likely one of those will
    > claim unknown hardware, not recognized, and you'll need a newer IOS
    > version to run if you are running something pretty old (the 1601 is a
    > very old router comparedly, so its possible that it is running
    > something pretty ancient).

    Thanks doug

    david, Jan 27, 2005
  6. david <> writes:
    >Ok it see's the Wan card with sh diag but I get these lines of text.

    >rtr1#sh diag
    >Unknown WAN daughter card
    >Hardware revision 1.3 Board revision C0
    >Serial number 0022232760 Part number 800-03279-03
    >Test history 0x00 RMA number 00-00-00
    >Connector type WAN Module

    >EEPROM format version 2
    >rtr1#sh hardware
    >Unrecognized interface found (0-1 = Motherboard interfaces 2 = WIC)
    > Interface 2 unrecognized by software

    >do I need an IOS upgrade?

    Most likely you do.

    Reading through old release notes, 11.3(3)T seemed to introduce
    hardware support for this card. I'd guess that you are running the non
    T train, or earlier IOS for it.

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 27, 2005