No, it's not just Battleship: Earth....

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by JMKAUFFMAN, Aug 2, 2004.

  1. JMKAUFFMAN

    JMKAUFFMAN Guest

    Would you be surprised to find out the Jessica Lange feature "Frances" was
    actually a Scientology-influenced production? For those of you who have the
    second DVD release of this film, perhaps you were amused by director Graeme
    Clifford's comments that he "didn't want to nickel and dime the audience to
    death with facts." That is the understatement of the decade.

    If you're interested in the truth about classic actress Frances Farmer, I
    invite you to read my exclusive web essay "Shedding Light on Shadowland", at:

    http://hometown.aol.com/jmkauffman/sheddinglight.html

    If you only know of Frances Farmer from this film or the book "Shadowland,"
    please take a few moments to read the real story, which is more riveting than
    any "fictionalized" treatment (and you'll know what that means after you read
    the article).

    With the help of the Farmer family and other independent researchers, and
    utilizing previously unknown information culled from FOIA requests, privately
    held correspondence and records, as well as archival news, court and medical
    records, we have definitively debunked a number of myths associated with this
    gifted actress, writer and intellectual.

    This article has received worldwide attention and recently resulted in Leonard
    Maltin completely revising his IMDb biography of Frances.

    JMKAUFFMAN, Aug 2, 2004