    repair connection, then log him back in. The connection stays up for
    the duration at that point. The router and PC are in the same room.

    Has anybody else seen this?
    jtpryan, Aug 9, 2005

  2. jtpryan

    Guest

    jtpryan wrote:

    > My son's pc connects via wireless and DHCP. Upon boot it never gets an
    > IP address and reverts to 169... I then need to login to admin and do a
    > repair connection, then log him back in. The connection stays up for
    > the duration at that point. The router and PC are in the same room.
    >
    > Has anybody else seen this?

    can he disable and re enable without admin permissions? I've seen this
    work in the past.
    jwk
    , Aug 24, 2005

  3. You will need administrator credentials to use the repair function in XP
    SP2.

    Have the access point firmware and wireless driver version been updated to
    the latest version?

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless