    I have a Fujitsu as well with a Pent.4 processor and an external Wireless
    card, and this works both on AC as on battery.

    Stef

    S t e f, May 23, 2005

  2. S t e f

    Tim Guest

    Is the Wireless NIC in the laptop configured to power off when on battery?
    Check Device Manager...
    Does the laptop have a custom Power Management program. You may need to
    check that too.
    - Tim

    Tim, May 23, 2005

  3. S t e f

    S t e f Guest

    Kijk wat Tim schreef op 23 mei 2005 :

    > Is the Wireless NIC in the laptop configured to power off when on
    > battery? Check Device Manager...

    Yes it is, but it's from the start he gets no IP (even whe power is on)

    > Does the laptop have a custom Power Management program. You may need
    > to check that too.

    Yes, Asus has a program called Power Gear. My guess is, that is the
    problem but i cannot find a way to configure it.

    > - Tim

    Stef

    S t e f, May 23, 2005
  4. S t e f

    S t e f Guest

    Kijk wat S t e f schreef op 23 mei 2005 :

    > Kijk wat Tim schreef op 23 mei 2005 :
    >
    >> Is the Wireless NIC in the laptop configured to power off when on
    >> battery? Check Device Manager...

    > Yes it is, but it's from the start he gets no IP (even whe power is on)
    >
    >> Does the laptop have a custom Power Management program. You may need
    >> to check that too.

    > Yes, Asus has a program called Power Gear. My guess is, that is the
    > problem but i cannot find a way to configure it.
    >

    >> - Tim
    >>

    > Stef

    The strange thing is, I get the indicator that my AP is ok 54 Mpbs, but he
    cannot find the IP

    Stef

    S t e f, May 23, 2005
  5. S t e f

    S t e f Guest

    Kijk wat S t e f schreef op 23 mei 2005 :

    > The strange thing is, I get the indicator that my AP is ok 54 Mpbs,
    > but he cannot find the IP
    >
    > Stef

    In the meantime, it works.
    It had to do with the power management.

    Thx,

    Stef

    S t e f, May 23, 2005
  6. S t e f

    Tim Guest

    Neat. I have an Asus as well. Good laptops. Thrilled with mine.
    - Tim

    Tim, May 24, 2005