    t, int fast0/0, no ip directed-broadcast), but it doesn't appear to be
    showing up in the show run information. Am I doing something wrong?
    daver
    Dave Ross, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Dave Ross

    DMc Guest

    That is the default setting, so it is not displayed. If all your default
    setting were displayed, your config would be a mile long.

    DMc

    DMc, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Dave Ross

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > probably a stupid question, but I'm pretty sure I configured the
    > fastethernet interface on my 2600 for no ip directed-broadcast (config
    > t, int fast0/0, no ip directed-broadcast), but it doesn't appear to be
    > showing up in the show run information. Am I doing something wrong?

    One of my pet peeves. We've sent our complaint to some muckety-muck VP
    at Cisco but I understand it's not a trivial change.

    Your problem is that 12.x defaults to "no ip directed-broadcast" So if
    you type it in, the command disappears. In 11.x, if you typed in "ip
    directed-broadcast" it would disappear since that's the default. So
    guess what happened when we upgraded from 11.2 to 12.x? The command
    never made it and diff never caught it. Since we have some market data
    feed that works with helper-addresses, it caused problems.

    They really really really should include 'wr t all' a la "show config
    all" on CatOS.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Dec 24, 2003