    no ip-directed-broadcast execpt it has source adress "MAC-Adress"

    Thanks

    Abacus
    news.unisource.ch, Oct 11, 2004

  2. news.unisource.ch

    Ben Guest

    Co-incidently to another answer of mine below, the easiest way is probably
    to use an extended MAC access-list

    "news.unisource.ch" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > is it somehow possilbe to override the no ip-directed broadcast settings
    > with a special rule? I nned to allow that a single system in our network

    is

    Ben, Oct 11, 2004

  3. In article <ckdk4h$7dd$-plus.net>,
    "news.unisource.ch" <> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > is it somehow possilbe to override the no ip-directed broadcast settings
    > with a special rule? I nned to allow that a single system in our network is
    > allowed to send ip directed broadcasts to all off our subnets... is it
    > possible to configure something like
    >
    > no ip-directed-broadcast execpt it has source adress "MAC-Adress"

    Use ACLs on the incoming interfaces. On the interface that the allowed
    system will come from, put:

    access-list 101 permit ip host <ipaddr> host <broad-addr>
    access-list 101 deny ip any host <broad-addr>
    access-list 101 permit ip any any

    On the other interfaces, use a similar ACL that doesn't have the first
    permit statement.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA