No IOS image, help???

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Torpoint, Oct 16, 2006.

  1. Torpoint

    Torpoint

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Please help!!

    Recently got hold of a refurbished Cisco 2912 XL en switch, its boots into the bootloader ok, but can't find a bootable file in flash, any idea how I can get it working again?

    I've managed to write a text file of what the configuration should be, is that any use?

    Below is all I get when I telnet in...

    C2900XL Boot Loader (C2900-HBOOT-M) Version 12.0(5.2)XU, MAINTENANCE INTERIM SOFTWARE
    Compiled Mon 17-Jul-00 18:19 by ayounes
    starting...
    Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:04:9a:63:45:c0
    Xmodem file system is available.
    Initializing Flash...
    flashfs[0]: 1 files, 1 directories
    flashfs[0]: 0 orphaned files, 0 orphaned directories
    flashfs[0]: Total bytes: 3612672
    flashfs[0]: Bytes used: 2048
    flashfs[0]: Bytes available: 3610624
    flashfs[0]: flashfs fsck took 2 seconds.
    ...done Initializing Flash.
    Boot Sector Filesystem (bs:) installed, fsid: 3
    Parameter Block Filesystem (pb:) installed, fsid: 4

    The system is unable to boot automatically because there are no bootable files to boot.

    switch:

    Torpoint, Oct 16, 2006