    when I try to Activate Windows, it says no internet connection. Any ideas why
    my internet seems to be shut off? Im running 4 other computers on the same
    connection (including this one) and they all work fine.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFsYXN0Qk1pbGxz?=, Jan 29, 2007

  2. I called microsoft, and got windows activated. I also tried to reset my ip
    address in the command prompt, but that didnt work.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFsYXN0Qk1pbGxz?=, Jan 30, 2007

  3. If you have to rebuild again, do not install XP Pro x64 twice. If you have
    a Vista full edition all you have to do is run the Vista Setup from the XP
    Pro x64 desktop and choose the second partition as the target. If you have
    a Vista upgrade edition then you are out of compliance because the XP Pro
    x64 license cannot be reused once you have used it as the qualification for
    the Vista upgrade license.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 30, 2007
  4. Ok, is the MCE license compatible with the Vista upgrade?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFsYXN0Qk1pbGxz?=, Jan 30, 2007
  5. You may use any Vista upgrade edition with any version of XP. Some
    combinations permit an upgrade-in-place and some require a custom
    installation. MCE may be upgraded-in-place by Vista Home Premium x86 or
    Ultimate x86. All other scenarios require a custom installation. You may
    also switch from MCE to VHP x64 or Ultimate x64 if you wish, but a custom
    install is always required when switching from x86 to x64.

    You do not need a full edition pk for any of this but may use the upgrade
    functionality of a full edition wherever an upgrade-in-place is allowed if
    you prefer.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 30, 2007
  6. Ok. But if I upgrade any version of XP to Vista, it loses its license and
    can't be installed again?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGFsYXN0Qk1pbGxz?=, Jan 31, 2007