    excellent, but it won't connect to the internet. Can anybody point me in the
    right direction to solve this problem?

    Thanks,

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9jaw==?=, Feb 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Um9jaw==?=

    Malke Guest

    Rock wrote:

    > I'm using a Linksys WRT54G router and WUSB54G adapter to set up a
    > wireless system. I had the system working and accessing the internet
    > until I activated the encryption. Now I'm unable to access the
    > internet with the computer using the adapter. It says the system is
    > connected and the signal strength is excellent, but it won't connect
    > to the internet. Can anybody point me in the right direction to solve
    > this problem?
    >
    > Thanks,

    What encryption did you activate, WEP or WPA? If WPA, make sure your
    hardware on both ends supports it - IOW, if the router supports WPA and
    the adapter doesn't, you'll need to use WEP.

    key or carefully write down the one that is there that you will use.
    Now go to the wireless properties on your computer and re-enter the WEP
    key. Report back if you are still having problems. Remember, if you
    used a passphrase to generate the key on the router, you do not enter
    the passphrase in the wireless settings on the computer. You enter in
    the key itself.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User