    to disconnect. That icon no longer shows up. The laptop will stll tell the
    desktop to dial as soon as I open anything that wants the internet, but I
    have no way of disconnecting anymore. Help?
    =?Utf-8?B?Zmx5Z2lybA==?=, May 27, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Zmx5Z2lybA==?=

    Guest Guest

    "flygirl" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > Have linksys wifi peer-to-peer on two XP Home machines. Desktop has
    > dial-up.
    > Before upgrade I had an internet network icon show up on the taskbar on
    > the
    > laptop, when the desktop would connect, from which I could tell the
    > desktop
    > to disconnect. That icon no longer shows up. The laptop will stll tell
    > the
    > desktop to dial as soon as I open anything that wants the internet, but I
    > have no way of disconnecting anymore. Help?

    Go to Networkconnections and do a rightclick on the desired connection and
    select propperties.
    Check the first box at the bottom.

    Grtz,
    -r-o-e-v-k-a-
    Guest, May 27, 2005

  3. Sorry, forgot to mention, all connections already have that checked. The
    problem is that the internet connection actually belongs to the desktop and
    somehow the laptop used to 'echo' it and doesn't anymore.
    =?Utf-8?B?Zmx5Z2lybA==?=, May 27, 2005