    destination host is unreachable. I have talked to Linksys, and they say that
    it MAY be a tcp/ip stack issue? Whatever the heck that is?!?!?! Can anyone
    help me?

    =?Utf-8?B?S3ViaWVnaXJs?=, May 8, 2005

  2. Greetings Kubiegirl,

    See the following MS KB Article.

    "Ipconfig" Command Reports IP Address 0.0.0.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822123

    _________________
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Eric Cross [MVP], May 8, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S3ViaWVnaXJs?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Since it is Wireless you should consider both the issue as stated in Eric's
    link + Viable Wireless Connection.

    The signal strength is a combination of the actual 802.11x signal + Phone +
    Microwaves + other sources that might generate 2.4GHz "Noise" + Brain
    emissions of the user's anxiety state (j/k), in other words it is visual
    representation of all the 2.4GHz in the atmosphere around the your Wireless
    hardware.

    I.e. you might see High Signal Strength that Shows: Excellent = 30% signal
    + 70% noise.

    The real measure of the Wireless signal capacity is Signal to Noise Ratio
    (SNR), a measure that takes into consideration the relevant Signal adjusted
    to the Noise Level. Unfortunately, none of the Entry Level Wireless drivers
    provides such a measure.

    May be this can Help.

    Wireless hardware - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Wireless - Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

    If none of them help you should connect the computer to the Router with a
    cable and make sure that your basic Windows setting are working.

    If you need to fix the underline base of the TCP/IP Stack look at the end of
    this page there are few links to resources on this matter:
    http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, May 8, 2005