    Any assistance appreciated.
    TIA.
    C.C.

    Champagne Charlie, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Champagne Charlie

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Champagne Charlie said:

    > I am able to send email to my friends and they tell me they are receiving
    > them....'by telephone!
    > However, I am not receiving their replies to my emails. Anyone know what to
    > do about this?
    > I use Win XP and the problem is only present in Outlook Express. I can get
    > my mail via 'WebMail' though.
    > For some strange reason, I can only get my 'WebMail' when at work, but not
    > from my home.
    > My email server is Tiscali. My pop and smtp setup looks fine...... i.e.
    > pop.tiscali.co.uk and smtp.tiscali.co.uk
    > My email sever is a pop3 server and I indicate this in my OE settings too.
    > My username and password are okay.
    > Why do I have no incoming mail when using OE?
    > Any assistance appreciated.
    > TIA.
    > C.C.

    You could always visit your ISP's web site, check the server status page, or
    phone their outages phone line (if they have one) to see if there is a server
    problem.
    Or you could just wait a while until the server(s) get sorted.
    Did you know it can take up to 10 days to deliver e-mail?

    Brian H¹©, Dec 30, 2003

  3. I should also add that when I click on 'send/receive', the usual things
    happen and OE doesn't give me any error messages and goes through the
    'retreiving messages' and tells me 'no new messages', but I know I 'have'
    new messages as I send myself some test emails from home and from work. Sure
    enough, when I use the WebMail they are right there on my server, but won't
    come in using OE.
    ;o(
    C.C.

    Champagne Charlie, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Champagne Charlie

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Champagne Charlie said:

    > I should also add that when I click on 'send/receive', the usual things
    > happen and OE doesn't give me any error messages and goes through the
    > 'retreiving messages' and tells me 'no new messages', but I know I 'have'
    > new messages as I send myself some test emails from home and from work. Sure
    > enough, when I use the WebMail they are right there on my server, but won't
    > come in using OE.
    > ;o(
    > C.C.

    How long have you had the problem?

    Brian H¹©, Dec 30, 2003
  5. Champagne Charlie

    °Mike° Guest

    Your friends are receiving your emails by phone?! Yeah, right.

    On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:19:33 -0000, in
    <mOmIb.315$>
    "Champagne Charlie" <Software@(SkipTheBrackets)Totalise.co.uk> scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 30, 2003
  6. "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    > Champagne Charlie said:
    >
    > > I should also add that when I click on 'send/receive', the usual things
    > > happen and OE doesn't give me any error messages and goes through the
    > > 'retreiving messages' and tells me 'no new messages', but I know I

    'have'
    > > new messages as I send myself some test emails from home and from work.

    Sure
    > > enough, when I use the WebMail they are right there on my server, but

    won't
    > > come in using OE.
    > > ;o(
    > > C.C.

    > How long have you had the problem?

    I have had the problem for app., 5 days now. All other Tiscali users on a
    DialUp I know don't have this problem.
    I checked out their status page and all is well....'it says.

    C.C.

    Champagne Charlie, Dec 30, 2003
  7. Champagne Charlie

    Patrick Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > Your friends are receiving your emails by phone?! Yeah, right.

    Is this really you °Mike° ?
    #1, You are pulling the leg (no smiley)
    #2, You have not understood that the OP's friend has confirmed reciept of
    e-mail from OP, said confirmation haveing been attained over the telephone
    (talkie ting).

    Patrick, Dec 30, 2003
  8. Thanks Patrick! This is °Mike° just having a go.....'he's too smart to have
    missed that! (Aren't you °Mike°?) ;o)
    Ta!
    C.C.

    Happy New Year guys!
    ;)

    Champagne Charlie, Dec 31, 2003
  9. Champagne Charlie

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 02:15:04 -0000, "Champagne Charlie"
    <Software@(SkipTheBrackets)Totalise.co.uk> wrote:

    >Thanks Patrick! This is °Mike° just having a go.....'he's too smart to have
    >missed that! (Aren't you °Mike°?) ;o)
    >Ta!
    >C.C.

    You're receiving mail in webmail because you're getting it though the webmail
    service's servers. When you use OE, you're getting your e-mail through Tiscali's
    server(s.) Depending on the hosts your friends use, and whatever filtering their
    hosts use (if they do,) that will probably be why you're not receiving mail
    through OE, because Tiscali is blocklisted in a lot of places, and will probably
    be added to a LOT more before long:

    http://tinyurl.com/yumrw

    "And frankly, they deserve every listing they get."

    <snip>

    --
    The major difference about 'targeted marketing' on the Internet is the
    targets can and will shoot back. -- Gym "Often with heavier weapons." Quirk

    Mara, Dec 31, 2003