    Firefox?

    best, Aaron

    , Nov 24, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > On my Windows XP computer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Netscape 7.2
    > are all installed.
    > When I depress the icon for Int. Explorer & Netscape, an hour glass
    > appears tellling me that the desired browser is in the process of
    > booting up.
    >
    > When I depress the Firefox icon, NO hourglass appears and I must show
    > patience to determine if indeed the icon has been depressed properly.
    > Usually the Firefox Browser does boot up.
    >
    > Is there something I can do to have an hourglass appear when booting up
    > Firefox?
    >
    > best, Aaron

    Fromm here, it does show the hour glass, it goes away, it comes back.
    It can be annoying.

    I don't know of a way to get the hour glass to appear, but Chris Ilias
    posted the following about a splash screen for Firefox:

    http://ilias.ca/blog/2005/09/splash-screen-for-firefox.html

    You can customize the length of time the splash screen appears, but, the
    main point, as soon as you see the splash screen, you know FF is opening.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 24, 2005