No Hibernate tab in Power Option Properties in XP x64? In PAE mode its not allowed

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by wrreisen2@yahoo.com, Jul 27, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I have Windows XP x64. I would like to be able to hibernate with the
    computer this is installed on. When I look in Power Option Properties
    there is no Hibernate tab.

    I open up a command line window and type:

    powercfg /hibernate on

    and get the response:

    Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not
    supported.
    The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
    The system is running in PAE mode, and hibernation is not
    allowed in PAE
    mode.

    Is there some way I can use a different mode other than PAE mode so I
    can Hibernate this machine. I have 4Gb ram and a core duo processor.
    This machine has an LSI megaRAID PCI card that has a battery on it to
    keep it from losing data in a power cut could the drivers from this
    make the machine go into PAE mode?

    Thanks for any advice.
    , Jul 27, 2007

  2. maybe this can be helpful:

    db ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><)))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><)))º>¸.
    ><)))º>·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><)))º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

    ..

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?_db_=B4=AF`=B7.._=3E=3C=29=29=29=BA, Jul 27, 2007

  3. Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    I followed the advice here:

    and added /nopae the boot.ini to:

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional
    x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /nopae

    and tried the cmd:

    powercfg /hibernate on

    and still get the response:

    Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not
    supported.
    The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
    The system is running in PAE mode, and hibernation is not
    allowed in PAE
    mode.

    Thanks for any advice.
    , Jul 30, 2007
  4. Doug Forster Guest

    Try adding the /EXECUTE switch to boot.ini

    Cheers
    Doug Forster

    Doug Forster, Aug 2, 2007
  5. noblezx Guest

    You cannot put a computer that is running Windows XP, Windows Serve
    2003, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008 into hibernation
    Additionally, the Hibernate tab in the Power Options Properties dialo
    box is unavailable.

    Notes
    This issue occurs if your computer has more than 4 gigabytes (GB) o
    random access memory (RAM).
    This issue occurs in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

    To read more: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/88857

    --
    noblez
    noblezx's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/noblezx.ht