No Epson Drivers "As Promised"

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Gary MCSE, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. Gary MCSE

    Gary MCSE Guest

    Gary MCSE, Jun 1, 2005

  2. I don't see any "promises" anywhere. It's merely a schedule and it's
    just June 1st, give them a break. Use a generic printer in Add Printer
    Wizard until then.

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 1, 2005

  3. Gary MCSE

    Gary MCSE Guest

    Maybe, because I am older and (hopefully a little wiser), I see things from
    a different angle.

    Having been in the Service Industry for all of my career, I have learned to
    speak my mind ,(Not always a good thing).
    Its the Squeaky Wheel that gets Greased

    Anyway, here goes my tirade:

    Rafael, are you being paid by Epson?
    I was just wondering why you got so defensive.
    I certainly didn't mean to offend any one of the "Posters/ Testers".

    I am just offering my opinion here and I apologize if that offends you in
    any way, but this is a sounding board for our concerns and as far as I am
    concerned a "Schedule" is as good as a "Promise"
    One Key to success in business is "Don't Set Unrealistic Goals" as the
    customer will always hold you to your word. I am sure many here share my
    frustration with Poor Customer Service and lack of concern for the Customer
    in General.

    That was their "Goal", and they knew that this new OS was coming for quite a
    while.
    Its not like they were just told about yesterday.

    And Epson is not the only Manufacturer that has dropped the ball...I see
    Many reports of machines not having drivers and the Manufacturer has said
    over and over..."When we deceide there is a need, we will address it".
    No, wrong answer...This represents the Poor Business attitude that is so
    prevalent in todays market.

    You need to take care of your customers needs first and foremost.

    Any good business today has to be Proactive instead of Reactive just to stay
    in business.

    Microsoft is a major player is this business and without them, there
    wouldn't be much of a need for Printers at all..never mind the drivers.

    I have tried most if not all the drivers available in the OS and theEpson
    website and not one will even try to run the printer.

    Enough said..

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]" <rafael*at*extended64*dot*com> wrote in
    message news:...

    Gary MCSE, Jun 2, 2005
  4. Gary, you need to back off for a bit and understand that proposed dates are
    seldom met. That is why many companies have started to refuse to give out
    time tables as to when updates would be made available.

    Just be patient, and Epson will release drivers for XP x64. :)

    I speak from experience.

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Jun 2, 2005
  5. Gary MCSE

    Rick Guest

    Patience my ass! I wanna kill something!

    Rick, Jun 2, 2005
  6. Go and get a rag doll then. ;-)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005
  7. Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    > Go and get a rag doll then. ;-)

    You are so silly. LOL

    I like you Andre. :)

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Jun 2, 2005
  8. Gary MCSE

    Gary MCSE Guest

    Wayne, there is nothing to back off from.
    These are my thoughts and opinions...Nothing More

    Epson is in business for one reason only and that is to sell units.
    If they do not fulfill the needs of their customers, guess what?
    No more Epson units being sold...simple as that.
    And they understand that perfectly well.

    If you don't make your voice heard, they won't know how you feel and they
    will continue to stall and try to BS the customer and provide mediocre
    service.

    They had the ability to write the code in a timely maner but refused to do
    so.

    Now because of their of their refusal to be "Proactive", (theres that word
    again), they have to make up Timeframes they can't meet in an effort to save
    face, be "Reactive" and provide Inferior Customer Service.

    Unfortunately, the Average Consumer has a very short memory for such and
    forgives even the worst efforts.

    And I speak from experience, (35 years in Service), that says to be nice, be
    firm, but get your point across.

    If they don't respond fast enough, bring it up again and again until they
    understand that this is becoming an important issue and needs to be
    addresed.

    Again, this is a sounding board for technical issues and none of this is
    being sent to Epson Corporate.
    I really don't understand why a defensive posture is being taken but its
    nice to be able to have a discussion on the issues.

    Gary MCSE, Jun 2, 2005
  9. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005
  10. Gary MCSE wrote:
    > Wayne, there is nothing to back off from.
    > These are my thoughts and opinions...Nothing More

    Ok.

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Jun 2, 2005