no emails

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anOLDun, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Lo all

    O/s win 98 ( NOT my pc)

    Mate is now with WANADOO - he is not getting any emails. He rang their help
    desk - they checked the settings with him - all a ok. so under instruction
    he re installed wanadoo. If he goes onto their site he can download his
    emails.

    It was they who suggested he re-install OE - but he can't find the original
    CD.

    SO.......any ideas what else he could try to enable him to dl his emails
    without having to go to the wanadoo site?

    cheers

    So

    anOLDun, Jul 23, 2005

  2. anOLDun wrote:

    > Lo all
    >
    > O/s win 98 ( NOT my pc)
    >
    > Mate is now with WANADOO - he is not getting any emails. He rang their
    > help desk - they checked the settings with him - all a ok. so under
    > instruction he re installed wanadoo. If he goes onto their site he can
    > download his emails.
    >
    > It was they who suggested he re-install OE - but he can't find the
    > original CD.
    >
    > SO.......any ideas what else he could try to enable him to dl his emails
    > without having to go to the wanadoo site?

    He may first try telnet to thier pop server, like:
    telnet pop.wanadoo.com 110 (from a commandline)
    and watch out for a "connected to ...." messages followed by a line starting
    with +OK <name-of-server-program>, then quit.

    If access works that way but OE does not, let him download thunderbird.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Jul 23, 2005

  3. anOLDun

    seb beaup Guest

    seb beaup, Jul 23, 2005
  4. Walter Mautner wrote:
    > anOLDun wrote:
    >
    > > Lo all
    > >
    > > O/s win 98 ( NOT my pc)
    > >
    > > Mate is now with WANADOO - he is not getting any emails. He rang their
    > > help desk - they checked the settings with him - all a ok. so under
    > > instruction he re installed wanadoo. If he goes onto their site he can
    > > download his emails.
    > >
    > > It was they who suggested he re-install OE - but he can't find the
    > > original CD.
    > >
    > > SO.......any ideas what else he could try to enable him to dl his emails
    > > without having to go to the wanadoo site?
    > >

    > He may first try telnet to thier pop server, like:
    > telnet pop.wanadoo.com 110 (from a commandline)
    > and watch out for a "connected to ...." messages followed by a line starting
    > with +OK <name-of-server-program>, then quit.
    >
    > If access works that way but OE does not, let him download thunderbird.
    > --
    > Longhorn error#4711: TCPA / NGSCP VIOLATION: Microsoft optical mouse
    > detected penguin patterns on mousepad. Partition scan in progress
    > to remove offending incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
    > Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Actually, the Wanadoo mail servers are:
    pop.wanadoo.co.uk
    smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

    cyberwasteland, Jul 23, 2005