    Would anybody know why AVG doesn't scan my emails ???

    Thanks,

    Guena

    Guena, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Guena

    °Mike° Guest

    What makes you think it isn't scanning?

    On 18 Aug 2003 03:12:09 -0700, in
    <>
    Guena scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Guena

    trout Guest

    Guena wrote:

    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I've just installed the lastest version of AVG free edition on my old
    > P200 MMX (Win Me) with Outlook express 5.
    > When I receive my mails, it seems to me that AVG doesn't scan the
    > incoming emails.
    > I've activated the outlook 5 pluggin.
    > Would anybody know why AVG doesn't scan my emails ???
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Guena

    Pardon the obvious, but I have to ask. You *did* also tick the
    appropriate boxes to have it scan incoming mail, didn't you? And how do
    you know it's not scanning? Did you try sending yourself a test
    attachment? Perhaps you could test it with:
    http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
    --
    "And, again, sorry if I'm flogging the obvious."

    trout, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Guena

    Mr_Bill Guest

    My understanding of checking out emails is to right click (and chose
    save, save as or save all) on the attachment or email to save it on
    the hard drive. Then run the AVG virus scan and do the complete test.
    If a virus is in the email it will come up on the virus scan. I use
    Netscape 7.0 to avoid part of the chances of getting a virus but
    Netscape has been bought by AOL and its my understanding they are not
    going to continue with the Netscape browser. Your situation may be
    different with OE but Id like to hear about using AVG with OE.

    Mr_Bill, Aug 18, 2003