    wonderful. I am about to pull my hair out trying to figure this out.
    --
    CM Lindler

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?=, May 6, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    >> I went to the Fuji
    >> website and downloaded their drivers and it still will not work.

    1. Did you also *install* the drivers ?
    2. Did you check the Device Manager ? Does it show any
    problems/conflicts under USB controllers ? Check the properties.

    Cerebrus, May 6, 2006

  3. Thanks so much for replying. I downloaded the drivers and then went into the
    folder and clicked set up and it said drivers were installed. I currently
    have my camera plugged into my computer and when I turn it on, I get a
    message saying USB device not recognized, so I click on that message and it
    brings up the USB Device window and says device not recognized.
    --
    CM Lindler

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?=, May 6, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi,

    2. Did you check the Device Manager ? Does it show any
    problems/conflicts under USB controllers ? Check the properties.

    To open "Device Manager", right click on My computer, click Properties
    -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager button. Check under USB controllers.
    Do you see a yellow exclamation mark ? If not, still check the
    properties, and see if it says "Drivers are installed" and "working
    properly"

    HTH,

    Regards,

    Cerebrus.

    Cerebrus, May 6, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?=

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Sat, 6 May 2006 04:56:02 -0700, =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?= <236
    Ridgehill Drive> wrote:

    >I just installed Windows XP Professional on my computer and I have a Fuji
    >FinePix A330 digital Camera that I hooked up to my hard drive, via USB modem
    >and then connected it to my digital camera.

    Well, I hope that this is just poor phrasing :)

    You are supposed to use the cable that came with your camera.
    The small plug fits the camera. The bigger one connects to your
    PC (either the front or the back.)

    > I got an error message and it
    >said "No drivers are installed for this device.

    You probably can set your camera in one of two USB modes.
    In the first mode, the camera presents itself to Windows as a
    camera pr imaging device. In this mode you can use the camera as
    webcam. And you need something like 'paint' or 'imaging' to
    receive the captures.
    (You probably don't want to operate the camera in this mode.)

    In the other mode, the camera presents itself to Windows as an
    USB harddisk. A harddisk that just holds the digital pictures you
    took. In this mode, you can use explorer to locate your pictures
    and move them to your harddisk.

    Switching between this modes is done by the camera, somewhere in
    the setup menu.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok, May 6, 2006
  6. I did as you said, there were no yellow exclamations. However, under
    Universal Serial Bus Controllers, there are 5 little things that I believe
    are USB's. The first one says Intel (R) then some numbers, /BAM USB
    Universal Host Controller - 2442 and then under that one there is another one
    that looks just like the first line, but with different numbers, then under
    that one, there is one that says Unknown Device, then below that one, it says
    USB Root Hub and then the last one says USB Root Hub as well.
    --
    CM Lindler

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?=, May 7, 2006
  7. I don't think I understand what you are saying. When I turn the camera on
    when it's connected to the computer, it shows the USB at the top left corner,
    then in the middle of the camera screen, it says DSC and it has an object
    beside it that looks like a mouse or something like that. Under setup on the
    camera, I have the following things set up. Image Disp. (on)
    Power save (2 min)
    Format: (ok)
    Beep: (low)
    Date/Time: (set)
    Time Difference: (set)
    A Camera Symbol with LCD: (on)
    Frame No: (cont.)
    USB Mode: (the little thing that looks like a mouse, I have that option,
    then one that shows the camera with WEB besie it and then one that shows a
    printer with another symbol beside it. It's currently set to the one that
    looks like a mouse or computer.)
    Lang: (English)
    Video System: (PAL)
    Discharge: (ok)
    Reset: (ok)
    --
    CM Lindler

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?=, May 7, 2006
  8. **dutchmanl's** the one who said:
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > Thanks For Reading:
    >
    > I just installed Windows XP Professional on my computer and I have a
    > Fuji FinePix A330 digital Camera that I hooked up to my hard drive,
    > via USB modem and then connected it to my digital camera. I got an
    > error message and it said "No drivers are installed for this device.
    > So, I went to the Fuji website and downloaded their drivers and it
    > still will not work. I have tried everything possible and it still
    > does not seem to work. If I disconnected the cable from the computer
    > before it said it was safe, could that have done something to my
    > camera or usb cable? any suggestions would be wonderful. I am about
    > to pull my hair out trying to figure this out.

    Question for ya:

    Did the camera come with an install disk?

    I know that XP is *supposed* to pick up everything, but it doesn't always do
    that. I had the same problem with my Nikon D1 before I stuck the install dick in
    the drive. It installed all the necessary software, including USB drivers.

    If you don't have an install disk, go to the manufacturer's website and either
    request one or find their download section and get it from there.

    HTH

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP 00110011

    Bigus Di©kus, May 7, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?=

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Sat, 6 May 2006 20:38:01 -0700, =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?= <236
    Ridgehill Drive> wrote:

    >I don't think I understand what you are saying. When I turn the camera on
    >when it's connected to the computer, it shows the USB at the top left corner,

    >USB Mode: (the little thing that looks like a mouse,

    OK. That's the one you need.

    As soon as this symbol shows on your camera, you can open
    Windows' Explorer on your PC.
    Next to your familiar 'my documents', 'C:', etc. you should now
    find a 'removable disk' or something like that.
    Browse it, probably to some directory DCIM\100_Fuji and you will
    see all the pictures that your camera currently holds.
    You can then move your pictures from your camera to your PC.

    Note: Switch the camera off, as soon as you are finished moving
    pictures to your PC. Your camera remains 'on' as long as the USB
    connection exists. (Draws a lot of power from your batteries. It
    doesn't turn off automatically, as you camera normally does.)

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok, May 7, 2006
  10. Thanks for replying: I do have the Manufacturer CD that came with the camera
    and have installed it. When I first got this computer, I installed it and
    connected my camera to the PC and it downloaded all the pictures into the
    finepix page. At that time, I had Windows 2000 on my computer. I
    disconnected the USB cable so that I could use the camera. I did not realize
    that I had to click the little logo in the tool bar at the bottom to
    disconnect the USB cable from the camera. It was about a month later, I
    wanted to download some more pictures and when I hooked it up, it did not
    download the pictures. Now I have upgraded to Windows XP Professional and I
    still can't get the stupid thing to work. What I really need is someone to
    walk me through some scenarios to make this stupid thing work. I have even
    called Fuji and they are so stupid there, the guy had no clue as to what was
    wrong and told me he would research it and call me on Monday. That will be a
    week ago tomorrow and still no word. I am at my wits end. I am about to
    give up and just have the pictures put on a CD from my local walmart and just
    bring it home and work with them from there. What's really strange is that I
    thought it may be the USB cable itself, but when i took the camera and cable
    to work and tried to use it on my computer there, it did the same exact
    thing. It won't download the pics and it tell me the same error message as
    above in the subject line. So, now I really don't have a clue as to what's
    wrong with this camera. Any suggestions would be wonderful. The previous
    post before this one told me to turn the camera on and look in my C:drive for
    the removeable disk, but I looked and can't seem to find what he was
    referring to. I dont' see how the pics would be there if my computer is not
    reading my camera at all.
    --
    CM Lindler

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?=, May 7, 2006
  11. Ok, first things first. For future reference, whenever you have a plug & play
    object that uses USB, you should always do one of two things before you just
    disconnect it.
    1. Either Right-Click the "Hardware Removal" tool in the system tray. (If you
    don't see it in XP, then make sure you Un-Hide your tray icons.)
    2. OR, Shut down your computer.

    Ok, now...

    1. When you connect any USB "Mass Storage Device" (yes, the camera is considered
    an MSD) it will create a new drive. Where you should be looking is under "My
    Computer" not "C:\"
    Do the following:
    A. with the camera unplugged, open your Windows Explorer, look at all of the
    Drives listed under my computer. You should at a minimum have "C:\', but should
    also see "A:\" and "D:\" (If you have more, then list them all here). Close
    Windows Explorer.

    B. Once you have completed A. (above) Plug the camera into one of the USB ports
    and turn it on. Then give your computer a minute or two to refresh. Now, open
    Windows Explorer. Are there any additional Drives (labeled Removable Device)?

    2. If there are NO additional drives, then your USB is not picking up the
    camera. Go into your Device Manager:
    A. Right-Click My Computer > Click Properties
    B. Hardware Tab > Click Device Manager

    Then, right-click on your computer name (at the very top of the hardware tree)
    and click "Scan for hardware changes"
    If this did not pick up any changes, then your Camera is not properly connected.
    There could be a few reasons for this.
    Go to Computer Management:
    A. Right-Click My Computer > Click Manage
    B. Expand Storage then click on Disk Management.
    You may see a warning that tells you that the configuration has changed since
    the last time you managed your disks (or not)

    Is your removable disk listed in the list of Volumes?
    If it is not, then you should maybe try inserting a Thumb Drive (Jump Drive,
    Flash Drive, Attache, whatever you want to call it) into the USB and see if that
    gets picked up as a drive. If it does, then it's your camera, and not the USB.
    If it does not get picked up, then it is most likely your USB.

    Go to http://www.drivershq.com/ and download their Driver Detective. The Scan
    will tell you if your drivers are up-to-date. If they aren't, then you should
    update them and retry everything.

    If Driver Detective doesn't pick up and USB devices, then your USB card is
    either diabled or no good. Go into your BIOS and check the USB settings. Make
    sure your Legacy USB devices are Enabled, and check that all the settings for
    USB 1.1 and 2.0 are Enabled.

    If you changed settings in the BIOS, save it and reboot.

    HTH

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP 00110011

    Bigus Di©kus, May 7, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?ZHV0Y2htYW5s?=

    stephanieleann

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I have some what the same problem with my camera .
    Every time I plug it in . It says USB not recognized and when I go
    under device manager and right click the port and properties it
    says no drivers are installed for this device . and when I trouble shoot
    it . They say they cant find the problem. please help I really need to get these pictures on my computer before my family reunion this Saturday.

    stephanieleann, Jul 17, 2007