    The hardware is ok (I have no problem with my second WinXP on same system)

    Toenga

    (the weakest link off this digital timearea is an analog input)
    Toenga, Jul 26, 2006

  2. Toenga

    richard Guest

    "Toenga" <> wrote in message
    news:fdd$44c7b3c8$3e3be694$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > When I attach my memorystick to a USB port WindowsXP tell's me New
    > Hardware Found but in explorer I'll find no driveletter and no
    > memorystick.
    > It has to do something with WindowsXP (and one off the
    > latest updates?)
    > The hardware is ok (I have no problem with my second WinXP on same system)
    >
    > Toenga
    >
    > (the weakest link off this digital timearea is an analog input)

    Try the manufacturer's website for a proper driver.
    richard, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Toenga

    Uwe Sieber Guest

    richard wrote:

    >> When I attach my memorystick to a USB port WindowsXP tell's me New
    >> Hardware Found but in explorer I'll find no driveletter and no
    >> memorystick.
    >> It has to do something with WindowsXP (and one off the
    >> latest updates?)
    >> The hardware is ok (I have no problem with my second WinXP on same system)
    >>

    > Try the manufacturer's website for a proper driver.

    Nonsense. XP has build in support for USB mass storage.

    There are reports that a failed installation of
    the Daemon Tool V4 can cause this. Look here:
    http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=usb drive letter daemon&

    Uwe
    Uwe Sieber, Jul 27, 2006
  4. "Toenga" <> wrote in message
    | Hi,
    |
    | When I attach my memorystick to a USB port WindowsXP tell's me New
    Hardware
    | Found but in explorer I'll find no driveletter and no memorystick.
    | It has to do something with WindowsXP (and one off the
    | latest updates?)
    | The hardware is ok (I have no problem with my second WinXP on same system)
    |
    | Toenga
    |
    | (the weakest link off this digital timearea is an analog input)

    First place I would go to try and solve the problem is the memory sticks web
    site. Maybe they have a firmware upgrade or a way around this. I am not
    familiar with using memory sticks (never had a need for them) so don't take
    my word for it.

    (a little help here?)

    --
    Happy Computing! :)