No dos box visible in scheduled task's on W2000 server

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Wil Jansen, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Wil Jansen

    Wil Jansen Guest

    Hello,

    We have a dos file (.cmd extension) running as a scheduled task on a W2000
    server .(Not standalone, but part of a domain)
    When you run this task as the same user you logged in to W2000 server the
    dos box appears fine.
    It does not matter if this is a local user or a 'domain' user.

    But when you run as another user (Local or domain user) the dos box never
    appears, however the tasks seems to run.
    Both users belong to the local admin group.

    Does anyone know how to change this ?

    Thanks in advance

    Wil Jansen

    Wil Jansen, Aug 17, 2004

  2. If the user is sitting there and needs to see something, they can initiate
    the process.

    Part of the POINT of the scheduled tasks is that users not be bothered with
    it.

    Investigate dumping the results to a log file if you need to see them....

    Or just use the task to remind the logged in user to run the task.

    Sparky Polastri, Aug 17, 2004