    is it possible for the rom to be the cause..
    i dont know how to test that .
    Guy

    Guy .S, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Guy .S

    Frederick Guest

    If you tried the video in another system and the CPU as well then then
    motherboard or Memory. The the computer post at all. I mean gives you the
    beep that everything is fine? Also is there video from the start and it
    doesn't come back? Also have you used the motherboard in another system?
    Have any question e-mail me...
    fred

    Frederick, Oct 26, 2003

  3. >From: "Guy .S"
    >Newsgroups: alt.computer
    >Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:20:18 GMT
    >
    >hi
    >problem is no video output
    >if i try the video card into another computer it works
    >if i try the CPU a AMDK6 into another computer it test OK
    >the monitor test ok on another computer.
    >i switched the power supply (300W) with another(250W)
    >the suspected work well into the other computer.
    >
    >is it possible for the rom to be the cause..
    >i dont know how to test that .
    >Guy

    What beeps do you hear on reboot?

    Is the memory in tight?

    Look at the motherboard. Inspect the capacitors for swelling or gunk. Look at
    the resistors and other components for burning.
    How does the mobo look?

    Do you mean to say there is no video output from the PC, period?

    - -- - -- - --
    -- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --
    - -- - - - -- - -- - -- -- -- -- - -- -
    --
    Necessity is the Mother of invention.

    I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

    caveat lector - reader beware, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Guy .S

    Guy .S Guest

    Fred,
    thanks for your input
    i have the mother board alone on a table
    only connected to the powersupply , keyboard and the speaker
    for this test
    without memory (empty mem slot) it give a continous beep (i tried the same
    test on another "working" pentium class computer and it beep very long but
    not continous)
    i also tried his memory sticks on another computer and it test OK.
    with the memory installed it give no beep on post, stays silent forever.

    Guy

    Guy .S, Oct 28, 2003