    All tips are welcome.

    regards,
    Veronique

    Veronique De Kock, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Just trash the thing. Buy a new a Sony that'll
    play production DVDs as well as DVD+/-R
    homemades. Cost you like $70 at Best Buy.

    Charles Douglas, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Veronique De Kock

    Dale Hicks Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have a Panasonic DVD-A350E and every time when I insert a DVD disc it shows "No Disc" and "This type of disc cannot be
    > played."
    >
    > I only get this message with DVD discs, there is no problem at all when I insert an Audio CD.
    >
    > It's an older player, but not that frequently used really.
    >
    > Is laser unit worn out? (coz it still reads Audio CD).
    >
    > All tips are welcome.

    It's a Panasonic. Abort. I grabbed an A-310 based on the ravings here
    several years ago, and it served me pretty well, but it ended up dying
    after about four years. I really loved the remote, so I grabbed another
    Panasonic as the replacement (though they've changed remotes, the older
    more intuitive one still works).

    I finally got a second unit for the bedroom, and that Panasonic player
    died within a year. Rather than face the hassle of repair, I gave up
    and bought a Sony.

    I don't think I'll ever buy Panasonic again.

    --
    Cranial Crusader dgh 1138 at bell south point net

    Dale Hicks, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Veronique De Kock

    Murder Guest

    Dale Hicks <> wrote in

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> I have a Panasonic DVD-A350E and every time when I insert a DVD disc
    >> it shows "No Disc" and "This type of disc cannot be played."
    >>
    >> I only get this message with DVD discs, there is no problem at all
    >> when I insert an Audio CD.
    >>
    >> It's an older player, but not that frequently used really.
    >>
    >> Is laser unit worn out? (coz it still reads Audio CD).
    >>
    >> All tips are welcome.

    > It's a Panasonic. Abort. I grabbed an A-310 based on the ravings
    > here several years ago, and it served me pretty well, but it ended up
    > dying after about four years. I really loved the remote, so I grabbed
    > another Panasonic as the replacement (though they've changed remotes,
    > the older more intuitive one still works).
    >
    > I finally got a second unit for the bedroom, and that Panasonic player
    > died within a year. Rather than face the hassle of repair, I gave up
    > and bought a Sony.
    >
    > I don't think I'll ever buy Panasonic again.

    My first one was a Panasonic, too. And it died after less than three
    years. It just refuses to play dual-layer DVD's. My second player was a
    Toshiba. Didn't last as long as the Panasonic. Now I have a Sony, but I
    haven't had it much more than a year (though it's still working fine). I
    was a bit disappointed with the Sony remote compared to the Toshiba, but
    I would hesitate to buy Toshiba or Panasonic again. Last time I griped
    about this, some Crackpot here was insisting that Panasonic and Toshiba
    were top of the line, and it's the Sonys that aren't worth a damn. The
    truth is, I probably just wear the damn things out.

    --
    "There is no more foul or relentless enemy of man in the occult world
    than this dead-alive creature spewed up from the grave..."

    Murder, Aug 22, 2004