    Cheers
    Fogler

    O/S Windows XP Pro
    Foglerman, Oct 4, 2003

  2. Foglerman

    CJ Guest

    Hi,

    the obvious thing, is youre phone line connected to the correct socket on the modem? One
    is for connecting another telephone and the other is the one for the line from your phone
    scoket. It's worth checking.

    CJ

    CJ, Oct 4, 2003

  3. Foglerman

    Stevo Guest

    Foglerman wrote:
    > Hi guys, can anyone help with this problem.
    > I've just installed a PCI V90 56k modem, installed drivers
    > and everyting seemed fine, but whenever I try to connect
    > Keep getting the message _ Opening Port..
    > Error 680: there was no dial tone.
    > I've check the region setting (UK in my case) but I cant
    > get the little shit to work ??
    > Any help appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Fogler
    >
    > O/S Windows XP Pro

    Does the modem have two sockets on it? Are you sure you are in the LINE
    socket, not the phone one?

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Oct 4, 2003
  4. Foglerman

    Foglerman Guest

    Thanks,
    Checked and it is in the correct socket (Line)
    Fogler

    Foglerman, Oct 4, 2003
  5. Foglerman

    °Mike° Guest

    Control Panel / Modems (select your modem)
    'Properties' / 'Connection'
    Check - 'Wait for dial tone before dialing'

    On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 07:18:09 +0100, in
    <YCtfb.44$>
    Foglerman scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 4, 2003
  6. Foglerman

    John Heath Guest

    Do you have an automated answering machine service? In Australia Telstra
    offers such a service, and you an tell if you have a message because the
    dial tone is different. Perhaps that is happening to you, and your modem
    can't recognise the dial tone.

    John Heath, Oct 4, 2003