    you may be able to give.
    Thank you for any advice,
    Casey.

    Casey, Jul 13, 2005

  2. Casey

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Casey wrote:

    > Hi' all,
    > I am trying to help a friend who is new to computers , she has O.E., as
    > her default email program but she keeps getting a message saying "Either
    > there is no default mail client or the current message can't be fulfilled.
    > Do you want to make Outlook your default email client"?. I asked her to go
    > to tools and accounts and her ISP is listed there as (default) so does
    > anyone know
    > why this keeps happening please. When she bought the computer I went to
    > her house and rang her ISP for the correct settings so don't understand. I
    > can't go back until next week so would like to be able to talk her though
    > any help you may be able to give.
    > Thank you for any advice,
    > Casey.

    What? Does the computer have Outlook and OE? If this is true, then Outlook
    should be the default email client with OE being the default NG reader,
    which she can contact the ISP on setting-up Outlook. If that is not the
    case and Outlook is not on the machine and the message is really talking
    about OE, then reply to the message making OE the default email client
    program.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 13, 2005

  3. Casey

    PC Guest

    "Casey" <> wrote in message
    > Hi' all,
    > I am trying to help a friend who is new to computers , she has O.E., as
    > her default email program but she keeps getting a message saying "Either
    > there is no default mail client or the current message can't be fulfilled.
    > Do you want to make Outlook your default email client"?. I asked her to go
    > to tools and accounts and her ISP is listed there as (default) so does
    > anyone know why this keeps happening please. When she bought the computer
    > I went to her house and rang her ISP for the correct settings so don't
    > understand. I can't go back until next week so would like to be able to
    > talk her though any help you may be able to give.
    > Thank you for any advice,
    > Casey.

    Casey

    1: Check Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet options, Programs tab, and
    check OE is the default program for email.
    2: What does she do to get the error message i.e. what program does she
    open, what icon does she click,double click?

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jul 13, 2005
  4. Casey

    WormWood Guest

    You seem to know less about the problem than your friend knows. The
    error message is about making an email client the default, Not the ISP.

    IE6 / Tools / Internet Options / Programs. Set your options here.
    --
    WW

    WormWood, Jul 13, 2005
  5. Hi Casey,

    Casey writes:

    > I am trying to help a friend who is new to computers , she has
    > O.E., as her default email program but she keeps getting a
    > message saying "Either there is no default mail client or the
    > current message can't be fulfilled. Do you want to make Outlook
    > your default email client."

    Law, they is experts and they is folks for to be playing tricks.
    I mean for to say there ain't no smart man, except that there's a
    smarter; and for smarts Hunny, I figgured this be the man, he
    even has MS-MVP.

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm

    When I axe questions about Outlook Express, I look there first.

    Princess Antonomasia, Jul 13, 2005
  6. Casey

    Casey Guest

    I have already checked under IE6/tools/internet options/programs. those
    options are set for Outlook Express. Since my friend has just purchased the
    computer, I think I just may know a little more that she does as she has
    never used one before. However, by no means am I an expert.
    There is an icon on her desktop for Outlook, but I did not set that up with
    the wizard as her default, I set up Outlook Express as her default. And I do
    know that it is about making the client the default, I mistyped it. (sorry),
    I wanted you to know that I had checked the settings in O.E. & Accounts.
    I'm not sure about this though, she has Microsoft Office and I think Outlook
    comes with that, am I correct?. However, the icon is sitting on her desktop
    and it is not set up, the wizard has to do that if she chooses and she does
    not. I have both Outlook and Outlook Express but Outlook does not
    interfere with Outlook Express on my computer. I can use either if I choose.
    Casey.

    Casey, Jul 13, 2005
  7. Casey

    Casey Guest

    Paul, thank you for responding, she tells me the message appears on her
    desktop as soon as she boots up. She is not clicking on anything and just
    closes it.
    Casey.

    Casey, Jul 13, 2005
  8. Casey

    Casey Guest

    Thank you for that site,
    Regards,
    Casey.

    Casey, Jul 13, 2005
  9. Casey

    Guest

    Hi Casy,

    Hope this will be helpful for you to get ride !!!!

    Open Outlook Express

    in the Tools Menu select Options down the bottom you will
    find make this program as the Defalut Email client!

    Enjoy!

    cheers
    rajagopalan d

    , Jul 13, 2005
  10. Casey

    PC Guest

    "Casey" <> wrote in message
    > Paul, thank you for responding, she tells me the message appears on her
    > desktop as soon as she boots up. She is not clicking on anything and just
    > closes it.
    > Casey.

    Snip

    Mmmmmmmmm

    methinks a look in the startup folder may be worth exploring:

    Open Windows Explorer (Right click the 'Start Button', left click on
    'Explore')

    Have a look what's in this folder
    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

    'user' is the name your friend used to log on with first time, though often
    it is "Owner"
    The other 'users' startups can be worth checking out also.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jul 13, 2005