    I didn't change anything so why have my mails suddenly lost the
    date and how do I fix it?

    Andy J.

    Andy J., Mar 3, 2006

  2. Andy J.

    gwtc Guest

    Andy J. wrote:
    > My Thunderbird (ver 1.0.6) running under Mandriva 2005 has
    > worked like a dream since install. Three days ago the
    > received mails in my inbox didn't have any received date
    > displayed, just the time. The box is set to sort chronologically
    > but as there's no date on the last three days mails they
    > are all out of sequence. I use T-Bird as my news client and
    > have just noticed that the same has happened to all my newsgroups.
    >
    > I didn't change anything so why have my mails suddenly lost the
    > date and how do I fix it?
    >
    > Andy J.

    dates are not given for the current day, just a time. When this day
    is over, then the time changes to a date.

    gwtc, Mar 3, 2006

  3. Andy J.

    Andy J. Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Andy J. wrote:
    >
    >> My Thunderbird (ver 1.0.6) running under Mandriva 2005 has
    >> worked like a dream since install. Three days ago the
    >> received mails in my inbox didn't have any received date
    >> displayed, just the time. The box is set to sort chronologically
    >> but as there's no date on the last three days mails they
    >> are all out of sequence. I use T-Bird as my news client and
    >> have just noticed that the same has happened to all my newsgroups.
    >>
    >> I didn't change anything so why have my mails suddenly lost the
    >> date and how do I fix it?
    >>
    >> Andy J.

    > dates are not given for the current day, just a time. When this day is
    > over, then the time changes to a date.

    Thanks you for that, now you mention it I can see it myself. Considering
    I've been using Thunderbird since it's launch I don't know how I've only
    noticed it now, maybe I'd changed the view or something similar.

    Cheers,
    Andy J.

    Andy J., Mar 3, 2006