    Thanks Tom

    please take the x out of the email address
    , Dec 25, 2003

  2. Kom Guest

    > I recieved a dvd player from walmart and hooked it up to my tv about
    > 2 yrs old tv. with the 3 rca plug thing (red, white, yellow).
    > Now everything seems to work fine but no color. Cant seem to find a
    > setting on the dvd player setup to fix this. Or is it a bad player?

    My neighbor had this same problem. Turned out that he had two video
    sources going to the TV at the same time. Does your TV have two
    separate video inputs, or just two sets of video input jacks and only ONE
    video input like my neighbor's TV does?

    Try disconnecting your VCR from the TV (or turning it off) and see if the
    color comes back on your DVD.

    Also, try playing the DVD in your computer and see if it is black and
    white on your computer monitor too. If so, then it is supposed to be in
    black and white.
    Kom, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Guest

    On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 20:58:17 GMT, Kom <> wrote:

    >> I recieved a dvd player from walmart and hooked it up to my tv about
    >> 2 yrs old tv. with the 3 rca plug thing (red, white, yellow).
    >> Now everything seems to work fine but no color. Cant seem to find a
    >> setting on the dvd player setup to fix this. Or is it a bad player?

    >My neighbor had this same problem. Turned out that he had two video
    >sources going to the TV at the same time. Does your TV have two
    >separate video inputs, or just two sets of video input jacks and only ONE
    >video input like my neighbor's TV does?
    >
    >Try disconnecting your VCR from the TV (or turning it off) and see if the
    >color comes back on your DVD.
    >
    >Also, try playing the DVD in your computer and see if it is black and
    >white on your computer monitor too. If so, then it is supposed to be in
    >black and white.

    Tried what you said but it ddint do anything .

    The menu for the dvd when turned on is in b and w
    turned off the vcr and the cable box and still everything still b&w

    if i change to a s-video cable would that solve it maybe

    please take the x out of the email address
    , Dec 25, 2003
  4. >I recieved a dvd player from walmart and hooked it up to my tv about
    >2 yrs old tv. with the 3 rca plug thing (red, white, yellow).
    >Now everything seems to work fine but no color.

    What brand and model, and describe the connection.

    Is it labeled as "VIDEO" or "Y"?

    Is there a switch that lets you select the kind of video connections you can
    use?

    If you connected using the component connections as opposed to the composite
    connections and connected the TV set using only the "Y" output, you will get
    black and white video. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Guest

    On 26 Dec 2003 01:09:54 GMT, (LASERandDVDfan)
    wrote:

    >>I recieved a dvd player from walmart and hooked it up to my tv about
    >>2 yrs old tv. with the 3 rca plug thing (red, white, yellow).
    >>Now everything seems to work fine but no color.

    >What brand and model, and describe the connection.
    >
    >Is it labeled as "VIDEO" or "Y"?
    >
    >Is there a switch that lets you select the kind of video connections you can
    >use?
    >
    >If you connected using the component connections as opposed to the composite
    >connections and connected the TV set using only the "Y" output, you will get
    >black and white video. - Reinhart

    Sorry im a novice at this........... im not sure the difference
    between component and composite
    i put the yellow red and white from the dvd to the yellow red and
    white on the tv. was i to do it different

    please take the x out of the email address
    , Dec 26, 2003
  6. Video Flyer Guest

    On 12/25/03 10:29 PM, in article ,
    "" <> wrote:

    > On 26 Dec 2003 01:09:54 GMT, (LASERandDVDfan)
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> I recieved a dvd player from walmart and hooked it up to my tv about
    >>> 2 yrs old tv. with the 3 rca plug thing (red, white, yellow).
    >>> Now everything seems to work fine but no color.

    >> What brand and model, and describe the connection.
    >>
    >> Is it labeled as "VIDEO" or "Y"?
    >>
    >> Is there a switch that lets you select the kind of video connections you can
    >> use?
    >>
    >> If you connected using the component connections as opposed to the composite
    >> connections and connected the TV set using only the "Y" output, you will get
    >> black and white video. - Reinhart

    > Sorry im a novice at this........... im not sure the difference
    > between component and composite
    > i put the yellow red and white from the dvd to the yellow red and
    > white on the tv. was i to do it different
    >
    > please take the x out of the email address

    This may sound silly or overly simplistic but here goes....

    Have you tried tuning your tv up a channel and then back down? Frequently,
    I've found that if I simply tune my television directly to channel 3 to
    watch a DVD I get no color. But, if I then use the up/down channel selector
    to go up to 4 and then back down to 3 everything's fine.

    I don't know what causes this but it's a phenomenon I've seen forever -
    first with my VCRs and now with my DVDs, as well.

    (Or, is it just me.....?)

    Neal
    Video Flyer, Dec 26, 2003
  7. Guest

    On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 05:58:59 GMT, Video Flyer <> wrote:

    >On 12/25/03 10:29 PM, in article ,
    >"" <> wrote:

    >>> What brand and model, and describe the connection.
    >>>
    >>> Is it labeled as "VIDEO" or "Y"?
    >>>
    >>> Is there a switch that lets you select the kind of video connections you can
    >>> use?
    >>>
    >>> If you connected using the component connections as opposed to the composite
    >>> connections and connected the TV set using only the "Y" output, you will get
    >>> black and white video. - Reinhart

    >> Sorry im a novice at this........... im not sure the difference
    >> between component and composite
    >> i put the yellow red and white from the dvd to the yellow red and
    >> white on the tv. was i to do it different
    >>
    >> please take the x out of the email address

    >This may sound silly or overly simplistic but here goes....
    >
    >Have you tried tuning your tv up a channel and then back down? Frequently,
    >I've found that if I simply tune my television directly to channel 3 to
    >watch a DVD I get no color. But, if I then use the up/down channel selector
    >to go up to 4 and then back down to 3 everything's fine.
    >
    >I don't know what causes this but it's a phenomenon I've seen forever -
    >first with my VCRs and now with my DVDs, as well.
    >
    >(Or, is it just me.....?)
    >
    >Neal
    >--
    >"If morons could fly, it'd be pitch black." - Anonymous

    SOLVED IT !!!!!!!!

    was just putting the yellow plug over to the other yellow plug worked
    of course it was not the way the instructions said to hook it up

    Thanks for all the help and advice.............. we did it.

    well Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year

    God Bless