    MCDST. I dont have much experience in the networking
    field, but that is where I am headed...

    Thanks
    Guest, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Guest

    wmolina Guest

    I'm in the exact same boat as you :)

    I would reccomend you get A+ and Network+ first, since
    these are the two "basic", entry-level certifications in
    the IT field. From there move onto the MCSA track
    (getting an MCP in the process).

    wmolina, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    how hard is the A+ exam, I mean, there are classes
    available but for around 1800 bucks. I'm currently doing
    my own studying. A+ IN DEPTH.

    I know its the "basic" exam, and I do faily well on most
    of the practice test. Am I ok just reading the book?
    Guest, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Guest

    Shelby Meyer Guest

    I found A+ EXTREMELY easy. I actually did both tests in 20-30 minutes
    (combined). I used the Mike Meyers books.

    --
    Shelby Meyer
    Meyer Computer Consulting

    Shelby Meyer, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Guest

    e_bob Guest

    I think that the MCDSTT certs go hand in hand with A+, or
    Microsofts answer to the A+.

    A+ is geared to the support tech that goes from desk to
    desk fixing computers. The MCDST is more for the help
    desk phone tech that will fix over the phone.

    MCSDT does not cover hardware in anyway. Which is why it
    and the A+ compliment each other so well. For MCDST you
    dont need to know how TCP/IP or how the network works so
    much as if one person can not reach a resource but others
    can than his computer is looking at the wrong DNS server.

    The 70-271 (supporting xp) test would be a nice step on
    the way to the 70-270 (everything about windows xp) test.

    e_bob, Mar 7, 2004