    Can anyone suggest software that will give me an "On screen diisplay"
    OSD, or maybe use the existing HDD light.

    Thanks ...Rob

    Rob_, Mar 31, 2010

  2. Rob_

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:13:06 +1100, Rob_ wrote:

    > Acer Aspire 5732 Z
    >
    > Have the above Laptop, unfortunately it does not have a Caps light.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest software that will give me an "On screen diisplay"
    > OSD, or maybe use the existing HDD light.
    >
    > Thanks ...Rob

    Formatting the hard drive will enable this feature.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he puked on Christopher Robin.

    Dan C, Mar 31, 2010

  3. Rob_

    VanguardLH Guest

    Rob_ wrote:

    > Acer Aspire 5732 Z
    >
    > Have the above Laptop, unfortunately it does not
    > have a Caps light.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest software that will give me an "On screen diisplay"
    > OSD, or maybe use the existing HDD light.
    >
    > Thanks ...Rob

    Look in the other newsgroup(s) to which you MULTI-posted. Learn to
    cross-post:

    A point not made is that N multi-posted copies will consume N times the disk
    space for each of the separate copies of the same post. Cross-posted
    messages have just *one* copy on the server with links in the newsgroups
    back to the same single copy. Multi-posting wastes disk space on the
    server. Yes, your post may be small but remember that you consume N times
    the space on one server and then do so again on all the newsgroups servers
    worldwide. You waste more bandwidth getting N copies of your multi-posted
    message distributed to all the newsgroups servers worldwide. Cross-posting
    has just one copy of the message on an NNTP server, and only one copy gets
    propagated to other NNTP servers.

    To those visiting the newsgroups, cross-posting helps them see ALL the
    replies from those in the other RELATED newsgroup to which you linked your
    post. That way, they don't waste their time duplicating similar replies.

    Don't cross-post to more groups than needed if at all. Many consider
    cross-posting to more than 4 groups as rude and may filter out your post.
    The more groups you add, the less likely that they are related, the less
    accurate or focused are the targeted groups, or some of the included groups
    may already be encompassed by an included parent group. If they are
    subgroups under a topic, choose whether you will be specific or general in
    the targeted groups to which you post. Usenet-ignorants that shotgun their
    posts across multiple groups trying to capture as large an audience as
    possible will offend netizens with the poor aim. Multi-posting instead of
    cross-posting when shotgunning across multiple groups evidences you as a
    newbie, troll, or spammer.

    VanguardLH, Mar 31, 2010