    to get that in some previous version of Firefox, and I still get
    it when I use Google from IE. Do I need to change something in
    the config file?

    Jim Blue, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Jim Blue wrote:
    > When I use Google from Firefox 1.5.0.6, I don't get the "Cached-Similar
    > Results" line at the end of each entry. I used to get that in some
    > previous version of Firefox, and I still get it when I use Google from
    > IE. Do I need to change something in the config file?

    You dont get it?
    What theme are you using? Are you seeing spaces where that line would go?
    What are your font settings?

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Sep 7, 2006

  3. Jim Blue

    Jim Blue Guest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Jim Blue wrote:
    >> When I use Google from Firefox 1.5.0.6, I don't get the
    >> "Cached-Similar Results" line at the end of each entry. I used to get
    >> that in some previous version of Firefox, and I still get it when I
    >> use Google from IE. Do I need to change something in the config file?

    > You dont get it?
    > What theme are you using? Are you seeing spaces where that line would go?
    > What are your font settings?

    Firefox (default) 2.0 theme.
    Default font Times New Roman 16pts
    Proportional : Serif 16
    Serif Times New Roman
    Sans-serif: BakerSignet BT (same result with Arial)
    Monospace Courier 115
    Display resolution 96 dpi
    Minimum font size: none

    There is nothing after the URL where the "Cached - Similar
    Pages" should be.
    I just noticed that not even the page size, e.g. " - 10k - ", is
    there after the URL.

    Jim Blue, Sep 7, 2006
  4. Jim Blue wrote:
    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Jim Blue wrote:
    >>> When I use Google from Firefox 1.5.0.6, I don't get the
    >>> "Cached-Similar Results" line at the end of each entry. I used to get
    >>> that in some previous version of Firefox, and I still get it when I
    >>> use Google from IE. Do I need to change something in the config file?

    >> You dont get it?
    >> What theme are you using? Are you seeing spaces where that line would go?
    >> What are your font settings?

    > Firefox (default) 2.0 theme.
    > Default font Times New Roman 16pts
    > Proportional : Serif 16
    > Serif Times New Roman
    > Sans-serif: BakerSignet BT (same result with Arial)
    > Monospace Courier 115
    > Display resolution 96 dpi
    > Minimum font size: none
    >
    > There is nothing after the URL where the "Cached - Similar Pages" should
    > be.
    > I just noticed that not even the page size, e.g. " - 10k - ", is there
    > after the URL.

    Well golly gee, if you are going to use bleeding edge products you
    should EXPECT a few cuts now and then <g>

    Firefox 2.0 is an ALPHA product, its not a release version, its not even
    a BETA version. Its for testing purposes only. If you want to contribute
    to testing then use the alpha/beta test reporting for such issues as yours.

    I dont know if your problem is a known problem with the alpha, or if the
    developers are aware and have fixed it for the next release already. But
    you should see such on the testing forums and groups. This isnt one of em.

    Whats an ALPHA version? Its something most users never see when speaking
    of commericial products. Alpha versions are usually restricted to 'in
    house' testing only. Alpha version WILL have bugs, and lots of them,
    thats a FACT. Most commericial applications dont even widely release
    Beta versions.
    Mozilla is different, because its open source. Open source means the
    developers/contributors are YOU - fellow users like you out here on the
    internet. So for open source to work, ALL versions are available. From
    the release versions down to daily test versions, to alphas, betas and
    release candidates. They are all there, available to anyone, because
    that anyone MIGHT be the next contributor.

    For uses, I suggest staying with the release versions 1.5.0.6 is the latest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Sep 7, 2006
  5. Jim Blue

    Jim Blue Guest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Jim Blue wrote:
    >> Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>

    >>> You dont get it?
    >>> What theme are you using? Are you seeing spaces where that line would
    >>> go?
    >>> What are your font settings?

    >> Firefox (default) 2.0 theme.
    >> Default font Times New Roman 16pts
    >> Proportional : Serif 16
    >> Serif Times New Roman
    >> Sans-serif: BakerSignet BT (same result with Arial)
    >> Monospace Courier 115
    >> Display resolution 96 dpi
    >> Minimum font size: none
    >>
    >> There is nothing after the URL where the "Cached - Similar Pages"
    >> should be.
    >> I just noticed that not even the page size, e.g. " - 10k - ", is there
    >> after the URL.

    (snip)

    > Well golly gee, if you are going to use bleeding edge products you
    > should EXPECT a few cuts now and then <g>
    > For uses, I suggest staying with the release versions 1.5.0.6 is the
    > latest

    Good joke. I am using 1.5.0.6; it's the theme that's version 2.0.
    Same results with the themes Classic Winstripe 1.5.1 and Breeze
    1.5.3

    Jim Blue, Sep 8, 2006
  6. Jim Blue wrote:
    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Jim Blue wrote:

    >>> Firefox (default) 2.0 theme.
    >>> Default font Times New Roman 16pts
    >>> Proportional : Serif 16
    >>> Serif Times New Roman
    >>> Sans-serif: BakerSignet BT (same result with Arial)
    >>> Monospace Courier 115
    >>> Display resolution 96 dpi
    >>> Minimum font size: none
    >>>
    >>> There is nothing after the URL where the "Cached - Similar Pages"
    >>> should be.
    >>> I just noticed that not even the page size, e.g. " - 10k - ", is
    >>> there after the URL.

    > (snip)
    >>
    >> Well golly gee, if you are going to use bleeding edge products you
    >> should EXPECT a few cuts now and then <g>
    >> For uses, I suggest staying with the release versions 1.5.0.6 is the
    >> latest

    > Good joke. I am using 1.5.0.6; it's the theme that's version 2.0.
    > Same results with the themes Classic Winstripe 1.5.1 and Breeze 1.5.3

    Try a new profile, do you get the problem there?

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Sep 8, 2006
  7. Jim Blue

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:21:12 -0400, in message <>,
    Jim Blue wrote:

    > When I use Google from Firefox 1.5.0.6, I don't get the
    > "Cached-Similar Results" line at the end of each entry. I used
    > to get that in some previous version of Firefox, and I still get
    > it when I use Google from IE. Do I need to change something in
    > the config file?

    I see "Cached" in Google searches using Firefox 1.5.0.6.

    A. Some sites don't allow Google to cache their pages.
    Maybe you have been searching for the kind of stuff
    hosted by such sites.
    http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35306

    B. Maybe some prankster has added a line like this to
    your userContent.css file

    .fl { display: none !important ; }

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Sep 8, 2006
  8. Jim Blue

    Jim Blue Guest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Try a new profile, do you get the problem there?

    Good idea. With a new profile, it all works well. Now what?

    (I do not have a userContent.css file, as suggested by Ralph Fox.)

    Jim Blue, Sep 8, 2006
  9. Jim Blue wrote:
    > Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Try a new profile, do you get the problem there?

    > Good idea. With a new profile, it all works well. Now what?
    >
    > (I do not have a userContent.css file, as suggested by Ralph Fox.)

    Now what what? You snipped so much of the original content I dont even
    know what the problem was or what you want.

    The problem is familiar to you but not to others (after all it is YOUR
    problem). Personally I dont have the time to re-read each and every
    thread in the dozens of newsgroups I participate in, perhaps you do.

    Would you care to restate what the problem was, and what you want?

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Sep 11, 2006
  10. Jim Blue

    Jim Blue Guest

    Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Jim Blue wrote:
    >> Mozilla Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > Try a new profile, do you get the problem there?

    With a new profile, all works correctly. What in my old profile
    could be causing
    this problem?

    Jim Blue, Sep 11, 2006