    Have I broken the Motherboard or over looked something.
    Thanks
    Hegs

    Hego, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Hego

    mark mandel Guest

    "Hego" <> wrote in message
    news:bs7sre$eo6$...
    > I have just replaced my ATX tower for a new one, the system is old P2
    > 333mhz, 512 Ram 7 gig hard drive on P6lx-a 440LX motherboard, Nvidia

    geforce
    > agd video card
    > This sytem was working fine until i upgraded the ATX tower as I had got

    new
    > components for another computer. I thought I would throw the old lot of
    > components together and let the kids have it. Anyway the build was fine
    > using all the same old components except for a new atx case and PSU.
    > Plug it all in , switch on , fans and power runs, Hard drive ticks away

    for
    > a few seconds then nothing. The monitor remains dark.
    > I have removed in sequence everything from PCI slots to ram and CPU but
    > cannot narrow it down.
    > Have I broken the Motherboard or over looked something.
    > Thanks
    > Hegs

    You'd want to make doubly certain the video card is seated tightly and that
    the motherboard is positioned correctly(so it's not touching the case).

    mark mandel, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Hego

    Swift Guest

    mark mandel wrote:
    > "Hego" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have just replaced my ATX tower for a new one, the system is old P2
    >>333mhz, 512 Ram 7 gig hard drive on P6lx-a 440LX motherboard, Nvidia

    > geforce
    >
    >>agd video card
    >>This sytem was working fine until i upgraded the ATX tower as I had got

    > new
    >
    >>components for another computer. I thought I would throw the old lot of
    >>components together and let the kids have it. Anyway the build was fine
    >>using all the same old components except for a new atx case and PSU.
    >>Plug it all in , switch on , fans and power runs, Hard drive ticks away

    > for
    >
    >>a few seconds then nothing. The monitor remains dark.
    >>I have removed in sequence everything from PCI slots to ram and CPU but
    >>cannot narrow it down.
    >>Have I broken the Motherboard or over looked something.
    >>Thanks
    >>Hegs

    > You'd want to make doubly certain the video card is seated tightly and that
    > the motherboard is positioned correctly(so it's not touching the case).

    You might also want to make sure that the PSU isn't one of those dual
    power jobs that have the two molex connectors that plug into the board?
    Of course I don't think they come standard in a standard ATX case, but
    it's something to check before tossing the board as a loss.

    Swift

    Swift, Jan 16, 2004