    www.udopage.com
    Makes WebPages FAST
    Makes Help files FAST

    Possum, Jan 14, 2007

  2. Possum

    Bobs Guest

    Possum wrote:
    > It looks like AVG will be Pay for now.. What good FREE Virus protection is
    > there

    Well, I just downloaded the free version of 7.5. Not sure what the
    problem is.

    Bobs, Jan 14, 2007

  3. Well, the best protection from viruses I can think of right now is
    Linux. If you run Linux you should be quite safe from trojans, worms,
    viruses and other fun malware from the wonderful world of windows.

    David Goodwin, Jan 14, 2007
  4. Possum

    Donchano Guest

    Donchano, Jan 14, 2007
  5. Possum

    Cima Guest

    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1
    Cima, Jan 14, 2007
  6. Possum

    Possum Guest

    Cool

    I misinterpreted the upgrade notice as a upgrade and Pay..

    Cheers

    Possum, Jan 14, 2007
  7. Possum

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 03:07:43 GMT, (David Goodwin)
    exclaimed:

    >Well, the best protection from viruses I can think of right now is
    >Linux. If you run Linux you should be quite safe from trojans, worms,
    >viruses and other fun malware from the wonderful world of windows.

    Yet another brainless post from the Linux fraternity.

    When will you freaks learn that posting such garbage only serves to
    make you look like fools?

    --
    Stupidest Comment of the Year Award:

    "People should take responsibility for their actions"

    - (Leftist) Matty F (7/1/2007), when explaining it was actually the quadbiker's fault that he was brutally murdered by Graeme Burton. According to Matty F, it was his fault that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...
    Fred Dagg, Jan 14, 2007
  8. In <> David Goodwin wrote:

    > Well, the best protection from viruses I can think of right now is
    > Linux. If you run Linux you should be quite safe from trojans, worms,
    > viruses and other fun malware from the wonderful world of windows.

    "Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"

    "Then don't do that"

    --
    * Roger Johnstone, Invercargill, New Zealand -> http://roger.geek.nz
    * PS/2 Mouse Adapter for vintage Apple II or Mac
    Roger Johnstone, Jan 14, 2007
  9. Possum

    Fred Guest

    Fred, Jan 14, 2007
  10. Possum

    Bobs Guest

    David Goodwin wrote:
    > Well, the best protection from viruses I can think of right now is
    > Linux. If you run Linux you should be quite safe from trojans, worms,
    > viruses and other fun malware from the wonderful world of windows.

    Never had a virus in 15 years of using Windows.

    Bobs, Jan 14, 2007
  11. On 13 Jan 2007 22:43:29 -0800, Bobs <> wrote in

    > David Goodwin wrote:
    >> Well, the best protection from viruses I can think of right now is
    >> Linux. If you run Linux you should be quite safe from trojans, worms,
    >> viruses and other fun malware from the wonderful world of windows.

    > Never had a virus in 15 years of using Windows.

    Just another Linux apostle seeing a chance to proselytise yet again.
    They're a bloody sight worse than all the god-botherers put together!

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... Whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have a "s" in it?
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jan 14, 2007
  12. Possum

    Chris Hope Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > On 13 Jan 2007 22:43:29 -0800, Bobs <> wrote in
    >
    >> David Goodwin wrote:
    >>> Well, the best protection from viruses I can think of right now is
    >>> Linux. If you run Linux you should be quite safe from trojans,
    >>> worms, viruses and other fun malware from the wonderful world of
    >>> windows.

    >> Never had a virus in 15 years of using Windows.

    > Just another Linux apostle seeing a chance to proselytise yet again.
    > They're a bloody sight worse than all the god-botherers put together!

    It's unfortunate that only a *handful* of people making a lot of stupid
    posts make a lot of people have this opinion of *all* Linux users. Most
    of us just get on with using Linux just like Windows users get on with
    using Windows and OSX users get on with using OSX etc.

    Chris Hope, Jan 14, 2007
  13. On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 20:07:17 +1300, Chris Hope
    <> wrote in

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >
    >> On 13 Jan 2007 22:43:29 -0800, Bobs <> wrote in

    >>> Never had a virus in 15 years of using Windows.

    >> Just another Linux apostle seeing a chance to proselytise yet again.
    >> They're a bloody sight worse than all the god-botherers put together!

    > It's unfortunate that only a *handful* of people making a lot of stupid
    > posts make a lot of people have this opinion of *all* Linux users.

    The pity of it is that they do an astonishingly good job of causing people
    to think of the Linux user community as a cult of almost manic religious
    fervour. Time to take them in hand and to task, perhaps?

    > Most of us just get on with using Linux just like Windows users get on with
    > using Windows and OSX users get on with using OSX etc.

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... I love mankind. It's the people I can't stand.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jan 14, 2007
  14. Possum

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:12:51 +1300, "Possum" <> wrote:

    >It looks like AVG will be Pay for now.. What good FREE Virus protection is
    >there
    >
    >--
    >www.udopage.com
    >Makes WebPages FAST
    >Makes Help files FAST

    NONE..
    Mathew Good, Jan 14, 2007
  15. Possum

    jasen Guest

    On 2007-01-14, Possum <> wrote:
    > It looks like AVG will be Pay for now.. What good FREE Virus protection is
    > there

    linux.

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen
    jasen, Jan 14, 2007
  16. In message <>, David Goodwin wrote:

    > [pro-Linux rant omitted]

    Let me point that anybody who top-posts can't possibly be a REAL Linux
    user. :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 14, 2007
  17. Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 03:07:43 GMT, (David Goodwin)
    > exclaimed:
    >
    >> Well, the best protection from viruses I can think of right now is
    >> Linux. If you run Linux you should be quite safe from trojans, worms,
    >> viruses and other fun malware from the wonderful world of windows.
    >>

    > Yet another brainless post from the Linux fraternity.
    >
    > When will you freaks learn that posting such garbage only serves to
    > make you look like fools?

    Classic.
    Mark Robinson, Jan 14, 2007
  18. Possum

    Peter Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <>, David Goodwin wrote:
    >> [pro-Linux rant omitted]

    > Let me point that anybody who top-posts can't possibly be a REAL Linux
    > user. :)

    Is Forte Free Agent even available for Linux?
    Peter, Jan 14, 2007
  19. On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 22:29:56 +1300, Peter <>
    wrote:

    >Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In message <>, David Goodwin wrote:
    >>> [pro-Linux rant omitted]

    >> Let me point that anybody who top-posts can't possibly be a REAL Linux
    >> user. :)

    >Is Forte Free Agent even available for Linux?

    No, it is not. While I do use linux I am actualy using Forte FreeAgent
    1.11/32 on Windows NT Workstation 3.51 right now.
    David Goodwin, Jan 14, 2007
  20. On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 20:19:25 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins
    <> wrote:
    >The pity of it is that they do an astonishingly good job of causing people
    >to think of the Linux user community as a cult of almost manic religious
    >fervour. Time to take them in hand and to task, perhaps?
    >
    >> Most of us just get on with using Linux just like Windows users get on with
    >> using Windows and OSX users get on with using OSX etc.

    When reading a post one may approach it from a number of angles. Sadly
    in this case people have approached my original post from an
    unintended angle. This is almost certainly my fault and for that I
    apologize. I should not have been so brief.

    My original post was in fact quite serious. I was not simply trying to
    win someone over to Linux. Nor was I trying to bash Microsoft
    Corporation or their products. I was simply making a suggestion - if
    viruses are a problem consider moving to where the viruses aren't.

    Mal ware such as Viruses, Worms, Trojans and Spyware are all part of
    using a Microsoft operating system these days. The problem is present
    in all recent Microsoft Operating Systems (MS-DOS, Windows, Windows
    NT). This is most likely because security wasn't really part of the
    original design as much as it should have been and their attempts to
    kill Netscape Communications didn't exactly help. Windows vista may
    solve these security problems but then it may well introduce a pile of
    other issues if Peter Gutmann's document is to be believed.

    For many people switching to a Linux distribution such as Ubuntu would
    be an acceptable solution to the present problem. It provides many of
    the tools required for day to day tasks and with the help of Wine many
    windows programs become available too.

    Of course if one does not like the idea of Linux I have heard that
    MacOS X is certainly a worthy operating system which does not yet
    suffer from virus problems. The only reason why I wouldn't recommend
    it straight off is because it requires a significant investment.

    Once again, if my original post, this one or any other I have made has
    caused any offense I apologize.
    David Goodwin, Jan 14, 2007