    Fred Seaver Guest

    I just installed Vista home Basic from XP . Do I need a new sound card or a
    new driver?
    Fred Seaver, Mar 15, 2009

  2. "Fred Seaver" <> wrote in message
    news:f_avl.90550$...
    >I just installed Vista home Basic from XP . Do I need a new sound card or a
    >new driver?

    You should have done your homework first:
    http://www.technovice.net/archives/297-Vista-Compatibility-Test-Tool.html
    http://digg.com/software/Test_Your_Computer_s_Vista_Compatibility_2
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

    Or any of the hundreds of free online tools to test your hardware+
    software compatibility with Vista.

    Did you first identify all your hardware, make + model numbers etc,
    then visit each of their support sites and checked for Vista compatibility
    and downloaded appropriate drivers? Of course you didn't.
    You didn't do any preparation, it is extremely doubtful you PC is
    functional.
    Shirley Crabtree, Mar 15, 2009

  3. Fred Seaver wrote:

    > I just installed Vista home Basic from XP . Do I need a new sound card or
    > a new driver?

    Check the website of your mainboard manufacturer or the computer vendor for
    vista chipset and sound drivers.
    You may as well pop in a ubuntu or knoppix livecd and have a look which
    soundcard and other peripherals it will find.
    You may even choose to trash that "home basic" for good, and continue to use
    Linux (for better) ;-)
    wisdomkiller & pain, Mar 16, 2009
  4. Fred Seaver

    Fred Seaver Guest

    Creative driver worked!!! Thank you all for your help
    "wisdomkiller & pain" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Fred Seaver, Mar 16, 2009